What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Probiotic Claim

Started by , Oct 15 2021 10:13 PM
1 Reply

Hello, my company has used the word probiotic in the past (before I got here) on dietary supplements in the past and they are considering using it going forward.  I know we obviously can't make health claims and it has to be structure or function, but it seems to be a fairly murky area in general with the FDA still looking into it.  I was wondering if there was a way to do it without having to do end of shelf life CFU studies if we are not trying to put the amounts of various bacteria on our label.  It is mainly that we use products like apple cider vinegar that are probiotic by nature.  Any feedback is appreciated!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Probiotic testing method as per ISO 7889:2003 Cleaning after probiotic yeast Finished Product Micro - Probiotic Yogurts, Beverages HACCP Plan for probiotic powder manufacture and packaging Actimel Drinks, Probiotic Yoghurts Etc.
[Ad]
If apple cider vinegar does not contain live cultures, it is not considered to be probiotic containing product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Probiotic testing method as per ISO 7889:2003 Cleaning after probiotic yeast Finished Product Micro - Probiotic Yogurts, Beverages HACCP Plan for probiotic powder manufacture and packaging Actimel Drinks, Probiotic Yoghurts Etc.