What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does food HACCP certification transfer to food packaging?

Started by , Oct 11 2021 03:34 PM
5 Replies

I received my HACCP certification from my previous employer that was Food Manufacturing. I am now employed with a company that produces food packaging. Do I need to recertify in food packaging in order to keep my SQF/HACCP status for audits? 

2nd question - I was told prior to the the previous QA manager leaving that one person in the facility needs to acquire a HACCP certification via classroom setting. Is this true? Pending the answer from above, I will need to either send myself of my back-up practitioner to HACCP training. 

Please advise. I apologize in advance if this has been brought up before. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Dairy Certification / Warehouse / Cold Storage Certification steps Food Safety Meetings Favourite Food Slogans Gantt certification project
[Ad]

I received my HACCP certification from my previous employer that was Food Manufacturing. I am now employed with a company that produces food packaging. Do I need to recertify in food packaging in order to keep my SQF/HACCP status for audits? 

2nd question - I was told prior to the the previous QA manager leaving that one person in the facility needs to acquire a HACCP certification via classroom setting. Is this true? Pending the answer from above, I will need to either send myself of my back-up practitioner to HACCP training. 

I don't believe there is a separate HACCP certification for food packaging. It doesn't expire so you are good.

2nd question - not required to be in a classroom setting, an on-line class is fine. I would make sure your HACCP certification was a certified course.

No and no formal classroom is required any longer.

I would anticipate that the scope of your certified HACCP training included packaged food.

I am sorry! I guess I should have elaborated a little more. I have heard per the Costco Addendum, you need one person from with a classroom setting HACCP certification. Is this true?

I am sorry! I guess I should have elaborated a little more. I have heard per the Costco Addendum, you need one person from with a classroom setting HACCP certification. Is this true?

Not that I am aware of.  I never took my HACCP training in a classroom setting.  I took it 11 years ago online.  We are required to have the addendum and this has never been an issue.

Similar Discussion Topics
Dairy Certification / Warehouse / Cold Storage Certification steps Food Safety Meetings Favourite Food Slogans Gantt certification project IFSQN HACCP Training Hazards in Food Contact Packaging CCP in HACCP Process Retail Food Employee Illness Reporting Guidance? Migration test food Packaging