What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

GMA SAFE - does it compare to BRC?

Started by , Oct 07 2021 01:20 PM
2 Replies

What is the GMA SAFE Audit?  How does it compare to BRC/SQF/GFSI audits

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Compare BRC IFS Is Our Non-Dairy Sweet Sauce Process Adequately Safe for Scaling Up Without Hot Filling? Food Safe Knives Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? School Safe - What does this mean?
[Ad]

I have never been audited under GMA SAFE, but considering it is not a GFSI audit I assume it would be more like a GMP Audit. GFSI Audits are their own breed and can be quite a challenge for those who are new to the scheme.

Hello, I did the GMA SAFE course, and I´m a BRCGS auditor. I will try to explain briefly:

GMA-SAFE was founded under the auspices of the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA, formerly NFPA and FPA).  GMA has long worked with U.S. food companies, government agencies and others to ensure the safety and quality of the nation’s food supply. ---> ONLY USA

GMA-SAFE is a voluntary, independent, industry-designed tool for conducting food protection assessments of Suppliers’ food ingredients, pharmaceuticals, packaging, warehouse and co-manufacturing services ---> IT IS NOT A CERTIFICATION SCHEME

Check list varies according to the Category, i.e:

Aseptic process:

1-Management Responsibility 1.1-Management Commitment and Review 2-Fundamentals 2.1-Infrastructure 2.2-Sanitation 2.3-Pest Control 2.4-Chemical Control 2.5-Personnel Practices 2.6-Training & Education 2.7-Handling Storage & Delivery 2.8-Vendor Approval 2.9-Packaging Approval for Use 2.10-Control of Materials 2.11-Sanitary Design 2.12-Traceability and Recall Management 2.13-Crisis Management 2.14-Food Defense (Security) 2.15-Calibration Measuring and Test Equipment 2.16-Traffic Control 2.17-Maintenance 3-Food Safety & HACCP Systems 3.1-HACCP / Food Safety 3.2-Microbiological Testing 3.3-Analytical Testing for Food Safety and / or Regulatory Compliance 3.4-Food Allergens and Chemical Sensitivities 3.5-Foreign Material Control 4-Manufacturing Quality Systems 4.1-Conformance to Customer Specifications 4.2-Process Control4.3-Inspection & Test 4.4-Control of Non-conforming Materials 4.5-Good Laboratory Practices 4.6-Document Control and Record Keeping 4.7-Corrective and Preventive Action 4.8-Continuous Improvement 4.9-Customer / Consumer Complaints 4.10-Internal Auditing 5-Regulatory Considerations 5.1-Labeling Approval 5.2- Regulatory & Industry Compliance and Verification of Aseptic Performance 5.3-Management of the Regulatory Inspection Process

Minimum assessment time is 3 days.

If you need more info pls let me know :)
Leila

Similar Discussion Topics
Compare BRC IFS Is Our Non-Dairy Sweet Sauce Process Adequately Safe for Scaling Up Without Hot Filling? Food Safe Knives Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? School Safe - What does this mean? Trying to find a food safe knife for opening bags Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document Safe method to thaw juices to go into batches Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Sous Vide Chicken Breast- Safe at less than 165°F?