What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Fin fish grade and Fish fillet size

Started by , Oct 01 2021 06:27 PM
1 Reply

Hello everyone 

hope you all are doing great!

i am needing small help regarding fin fishes (walleye/pickerel, whitefish,yellow lake perch,white fish,white bass,Rainbow trout) grading and size standards for both fish fillets  and whole fish. we have segregated as small,medium and large as per CFIA as in below link but i am unable to find for specific species.

https://inspection.c...803?chap=0#s2c1

Requesting for your suggestions and ref. doc, 

Best Regards 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packaging non-food grade item in food facility NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Repackaging of Food Grade product Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Non-food grade ingredient
[Ad]

I'm going on a hunch here----because CFIA has only mentioned those 4 or 5 fish species specially, but says that all others must be graded, you could choose whitefish (as they are from the same body of water) and apply that grade standard

For obvious reasons, i wouldn't use the Atlantic salmon standard, those are very different fish

https://inspection.c...77546?chap=0#c9

"

Grades and Grade Names

2. The grades and grade names of fish are set out in Part 1 Fresh or Frozen FishPart 2 Pickled FishPart 3 Bloaters and Bloater Fillets and Part 4 Dried Squid (see Volume 9, Import Grade Requirements for grade names used for imported fish).

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Packaging non-food grade item in food facility NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Repackaging of Food Grade product Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Non-food grade ingredient MAP Packing residual levels size variance COOL - Substantial Transformation of fish (USA) Approved Grade A Tanker wash stations in CA Sanitation - suppliers of food grade brushes, brooms, and scrubs Shelf life issue fresh fish