What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Receiving Temperature Controlled Ingredients, CCP?

Started by , Sep 09 2021 06:20 PM
5 Replies

Hi There, 

I am hoping you can help me determine if receiving a temperature controlled ingredient is a CCP?

We bake cookies and one of the temperature controlled ingredients we receive is butter. 

We currently monitor the temperature of the transit truck upon arrival to ensure it is within the suitable range of 1-4 degrees Celsius. 

If the temperature does not comply, the shipment is rejected. 

Please let me know your thoughts!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Traceability issue with product receiving? Bulk raw material receiving and traceability Receiving Returns from Non-federally registered establishment How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall? Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold
[Ad]

It's not CCP as it's addressed by your prerequisite program, Receiving. Temperature monitoring is a part of your receiving inspection routine, right? You're doing everything correctly as far as I see.

It's not a CCP in MHO,   it would be if there wasn't any other controls---------what exactly is the risk if the butter is say, 7C at receipt?

A rejection of butter at 4C seems a bit aggressive to me....................

what's the justification for keeping this so tight?  That's a suitable temperature for raw meat, but I don't' believe butter carries the same risks

Do you reject many loads?

Which hazard(s) are you targeting to control at the Receiving with the given temperature range of 1-4 degrees Celsius?

If the hazard is significant, it has to be controlled. At the receiving step i think an OPRP(Temperature checks at the range of 1-4 degree Celsius)  is sufficient.

GFSI Standard ?

It is a preventive control in our plan.

Similar Discussion Topics
Traceability issue with product receiving? Bulk raw material receiving and traceability Receiving Returns from Non-federally registered establishment How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall? Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold Is receiving raw materials and storing them a PRP or OPRP? How would you define receiving of goods? Shipping and Receiving Inspections Shipping and receiving area temperature Receiving Form