What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How long can we keep peeled whole potato and peeled carrots in chilled water?

Started by , Sep 08 2021 08:31 PM
2 Replies
Hi

Can someone give me some knowledge and guidance please.

We are a potato and veg manufacturer and what I would like to know is how long can we keep peeled whole potato and peeled carrots in chilled water.

My thoughts are obviously dona trial however inwould say 24 hours

Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can chilled foods be frozen? BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples Can high water salinity cause spoilage of coconut milk? Water as an ingredient? High APC reading on Handsink Water
[Ad]

Hi

Can someone give me some knowledge and guidance please.

We are a potato and veg manufacturer and what I would like to know is how long can we keep peeled whole potato and peeled carrots in chilled water.

My thoughts are obviously dona trial however inwould say 24 hours

Thanks

Why would you want to do the above for 24 hours ?

Assuming you're keeping a constant water temperature of between 1 and 4 C AND constantly adding fresh water, I really don't see why 48 hours isn't achievable

If you cannot keep the water consistently cold AND a constant flow of fresh water, 24 hours would be the maximum

assuming these veg have been flumed with treated water to bring the temperature down prior to storage?

if you're not doing those things, then you should only be peeling the amount you can process same shift

Similar Discussion Topics
Can chilled foods be frozen? BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples Can high water salinity cause spoilage of coconut milk? Water as an ingredient? High APC reading on Handsink Water CIRKUL water bottles on a production floor? Aqualab 4te Water activity meter Percent Moisture of Potato Chips Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water