• Quick Navigation
Photo

SQF (Primary Production) Ed. 9 10.5.4.2 (viii)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Juribe

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 August 2021 - 02:36 PM

Hello all, I am looking for ideas on how to comply with 10.5.4.2 (viii) : "Verification that appropriate storage conditions are maintained during transportation to final destinations" We ship our orders oversees in complete containers with a numbered container seal. Our product, nuts, only require dry conditions, which are maintained by their packaging. It is only opened upon arrival at the customer. How could we verify the storage conditions are maintained? Thank you in advance!

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,622 posts
  • 1538 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 August 2021 - 03:05 PM

The only option you can use is your own inspection of containers prior to loading and the application of a seal once loaded. 

Assuming you still own the product at it's receiving port, does that company inspect loads prior to unloading?  If not, can they?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Juribe

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 August 2021 - 03:09 PM

The only option you can use is your own inspection of containers prior to loading and the application of a seal once loaded. 

Assuming you still own the product at it's receiving port, does that company inspect loads prior to unloading?  If not, can they?

Okay great. We currently do a full inspection of the container prior to load and once the product is loaded before applying our container seal. We ship to various customers around the world, all with their own unique receiving practices.

Thank you for the info.

Sam D

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 3 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Travelling

Posted 23 August 2021 - 03:30 PM

Not sure about the SQF, but I worked  for a BRC certified plant that  exported nuts. Few things we did was place a signed agreement with shipping service provider which indicated the requirements of the BRC for shipping were met. It included  clause to maintain proper transportation temperatures along with other requirements. We also inspected the shipping containers using our internal forms to verify the container met our shipping requirements at the time of loading. These two document were usually enough for our auditor regarding ambient storage and transportation. 

Edited by samjhand, 23 August 2021 - 03:40 PM.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,773 posts
  • 1157 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 23 August 2021 - 06:21 PM

On your shipping container inspection form you can record your seal #, attach a photo of it and request seal break confirmation from end user to verify that seal was not replaced.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

CONSULTANT

https://t.me/MVIDigitalWarrior

Juribe

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 August 2021 - 06:43 PM

On your shipping container inspection form you can record your seal #, attach a photo of it and request seal break confirmation from end user to verify that seal was not replaced.

Good idea to confirm seal was not replaced as we currently record seal # and take a photo. This would be easy to implement.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users