What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Controlled atmosphere production

Started by , Aug 16 2021 07:14 AM
1 Reply

One of my friend planned to manufacture turmeric powder in small scale. He asked me one doubt about "Production of turmeric  powder (grinding turmeric)  in normal room vs production of turmeric powder in  air-conditioned room". Is there any advantage in producing in air conditioned room ? Whether  AC room will avoid excess dust generation (due to humid condition) ?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? Controlled Documents List CCP controlled by a third party Should plastic utensils, paper napkins, one time use items be lot controlled? BRCGS Clause 6.1.7 - Where the site handles products or materials that are outside the scope of the audit, these shall be controlled
[Ad]

Dear Venkateshkini,

According to me, production of turmeric powder (grinding) in normal room VS air-conditioned room will not have any significant food safety issue unless otherwise basic food safety requirements are followed. Also turmeric powder is a low risk food ingredient so the air will not act as a hazard rather air conditioned room environment will help to improve or maintain the quality of the product. Also you can protect the product from excess heat, high humid and excess moisture if the environment has air conditioned.

Regards,

Raguram

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? Controlled Documents List CCP controlled by a third party Should plastic utensils, paper napkins, one time use items be lot controlled? BRCGS Clause 6.1.7 - Where the site handles products or materials that are outside the scope of the audit, these shall be controlled Printed Controlled Document SQF 12.8.1.4 - Controlled Disposal of trademarked materials Do Food Safety Signs and Posters need to be document controlled? Receiving Temperature Controlled Ingredients, CCP? How to demarcate AIB & SQF controlled areas?