Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:14 PM

Hi. so I am going for BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8: Auditor Training and on the course website: 

Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8: Auditor Training (brcgs.com)

it mentions that Delegates must have a working knowledge of quality management systems and auditing within the relevant manufacturing sector, and have completed a hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) course of at least two days' duration. Now I already have 3 years of experience if food safety and quality management system and am certified as ISO 9001 auditor with 8 years of internal and external audit experience. My only problem is HACCP. My HACCP training has been done in-house by my supervisor. Is there any way to get around that? And if not any recommendations for a cheap HACCP course that would be accepted by BRC because the BRC course is already expensive enough and I really wat to get the 3 day course if I get an expensive course my manager will probably want to switch me to the site training to save money. Any advice? 

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 441 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:34 PM

On June 1, I'm taking 3-day online HACCP course (refresh, as per FSSC requirement - every 5 years). Provider - NSF. Expensive, my company paid around $1000. I was looking for something cheaper, but the company owners preferred recognizable course provider.

greycell

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:36 PM

On June 1, I'm taking 3-day online HACCP course (refresh, as per FSSC requirement - every 5 years). Provider - NSF. Expensive, my company paid around $1000. I was looking for something cheaper, but the company owners preferred recognizable course provider.

i actually contaced BRC academy and they said a HACCP certificate is only required if i am going to be working as BRC auditor for a certification body, for internal audit purposes a working knowledge of HACCP is acceptable.

Anoop Nazeer

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:19 PM

Hi,
Is it mandatory to do the haccp course again every 5 years as per FSSC 22000? I have done 2 days haccp course few years back.

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 441 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:22 PM

Hi,
Is it mandatory to do the haccp course again every 5 years as per FSSC 22000? I have done 2 days haccp course few years back.

Sorry, that's as per Costco standard requirement, not FSSC. My apologies:)

Thanked by 1 Member:

lakmal

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 18 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 25 May 2021 - 07:01 AM

Hi,

I needed to train one of my Quality Control Assistants in HACCP. I came across this on-line Level 2 HACCP Training Course conducted by Advanced Food Safety Ltd ( ALL SAFE) which was inexpensive for only Sterling Pounds 16.50 including the Exam Fees. My QC Assistant completed the course and the exam a couple of days ago and is waiting for the Certificate. Course material was good & I am happy with the course. There are more advanced courses for higher fees.

Hope this is of some assistance to you.

Regards

Lakmal

lakmal

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 18 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 25 May 2021 - 07:03 AM

My apologies. The course details are now attached.

Regards

Lakmal

Attached Files

Swiftee

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 70 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2021 - 02:05 PM

The company I work for and the group always use https://www.highspee...ng.co.uk/haccp/ its easy to do online with instant certificate, all our BRC auditors have accepted this. The best thing is it is done in modules which means to you can stop and return the next day if you have something going on.

£30 +VAT for Level 2

£125 +VAT for Level 3

Edited by Swiftee, 29 May 2021 - 02:06 PM.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users