What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 9.0, Water Contingency Plans, Flint Water Crisis

Started by , Apr 27 2021 05:54 PM
2 Replies

All -  If there is another discussion I missed, please let me know - I tried to search and couldn't find anything in particular. We just had our Crisis Management meeting to discuss our water contingency plan. Pretty straightforward - we are on city supply, so we talked through a biological hazard and a chemical (lead) hazard.  Most of us lived in Milwaukee during the 80s/90s so we 'enjoyed' the Cryptosporidium outbreak but not as FS professionals. We are going to go and get a few contacts to add to our emergency contact register for portable handwash stations, trucked in water carboys, and large scale water filtration should a situation be long term. At the end of the discussion though - we wondered if anything was released in regards to food manufacturing during the Flint Crisis. I found a reference to the MDA working with manufacturers to reduce lead, but nothing specific. I assume it was mostly filtering. Anyone have a good reference?  Or perhaps some insights that maybe people don't think of in regards to a water contingency plan? We're mostly considering: Utensil washing, Production line Sanitation, Plant Sanitation, Handwashing, Direct Product use, Employee Drinking. Thank you! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples Can high water salinity cause spoilage of coconut milk? Water as an ingredient? High APC reading on Handsink Water CIRKUL water bottles on a production floor?
[Ad]
1 Thank

Thank you so much!  That second one especially had exactly what I was looking for - some actionable items Food places took to reduce lead.  

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples Can high water salinity cause spoilage of coconut milk? Water as an ingredient? High APC reading on Handsink Water CIRKUL water bottles on a production floor? Aqualab 4te Water activity meter Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment (VACCP) and Food Defence (TACCP) and their Mitigation Plans Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans