What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How do you maintain compliance of Ipad and tablet screens in use on the factory floor?

Started by , Apr 21 2021 01:29 PM
4 Replies

Hello GFSI-ers, and SQF-ers!  We are implementing a new software system to track the plant called RedZone.  It requires monitor screens and tablets on the floor for communication and entry of data, etc. And we want to maintain no glass or brittle plastics compliance.  We are installing frames and covers, but I'm wondering how others have maintained compliance. Feel free to share any learnings good or bad with Redzone, but it looks very good from a compliance standpoint.  Best Regards,  Mark Richardson

1 Like1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Irradiated Packaging Material Compliance Liquid Co2 measuremnt in CSD FACTORY Researching Viscometers for use on the Production Floor Harmonised Standards and Food Safety: Ensuring Quality and Compliance CIRKUL water bottles on a production floor?
[Ad]

I am familiar with Redzone but have not seen it in action.

We use flexible rubberized protectors on our handhelds and tablets and peel them off and replace each day - they get washed, rinsed and sanitized and are then placed back on after drying or a new one is used.

Works out well.

1 Like1 Thank

This is a very interesting subject. We also have employees doing this. I am new to the company and the laptops were in place before I got here and I was not thinking about this. This topic has brought my awareness to the glass and bristle issue. 

@Glenn, can you shed more light on the rubberized protectors and how we can get them? Thanks. 

We have several monitors in operations. They are secured higher up, so no easy way for them to get broken. Despite that, they are in an enclosure and part of our monthly GBPC inspection.

We implemented tablets throughout all of operations 3 (?) years ago. We have broken quite a few, but none of them ever shattered - more like the internals got damaged. Our IT department tired a variety of different cases to find the ones that work best for us. They have all tablets on a quarterly inspection program - they collect, take out of case, inspect, thoroughly clean, and then return.

We haven't had an auditor - SQF, Dept. of Ag, or FDA - question us at all in regards to the devices being on the floor. 

1 Like1 Thank

All facilities I worked in, we implemented tablets. Get the rubber waterproof casing on them and add them to your sanitation schedule!  

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Irradiated Packaging Material Compliance Liquid Co2 measuremnt in CSD FACTORY Researching Viscometers for use on the Production Floor Harmonised Standards and Food Safety: Ensuring Quality and Compliance CIRKUL water bottles on a production floor? Allergen Specific factory wear Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Chef-style clothing or factory-style? Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing