What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Any ideas on the costs for a basic entry level x-ray machine?

Started by , Apr 13 2021 03:54 PM
3 Replies

Hi, we're looking at doing some work with dried goods - flours, chocolate drops, cocoa powder etc. Looking at X-ray over Metal detection as the packaging is in foil bags. Any ideas on the costs for a basic entry level x-ray machine for smaller packs maybe up to 2.5kg? Many thanks :) 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Vending Machine Allergens Limit of detection for X-ray machine Scale Labeling Machine Floor Scrubber-Floor cleaning machine Sanitiser and corrosion of nickel coated machine parts
[Ad]

Is it ok?

https://www.loma.com...ion/x5c-compact

Are you in the UK?

If so, I suggest you contact them directly.
And I am looking forward to letting them know that this is a Planck's suggestion from China. :)

This machine is very cheap, I think it can meet your needs.

You never contact them??

Specifications

Material of Construction: 304 Brushed stainless steel
System Length: 1000mm (Machine only), 1800mm (With optional reject)
Line Height Option: 750 - 1000 mm (±50 adjustment)
Product Height: 110 mm (Recommended Max)
Product Width: 280 mm (Recommended Max)
Product Length: 280 mm (Recommended Max)
X-Ray Output: 80 W (40kV 2 mA)
IP Rating: IP66
Belt Width: 300 mm
Belt Type: PU Anti-static
Weight on Belt: Up to 6 kg
Speed Range: 10 - 50 m/min
Supply Voltages: 85 to 265 V, single phase 50/60Hz, neutral & Earth
Operating Environment: 10 to 35°C with Vortex Cooler (2 to 10°C with cabinet warm up enabled)
Cooling: Vortex
X-Ray Safety: Leakage less than 1 μSv/h
Detection Algorithms: 2 x Contaminant, 3 x object checking, 2 X image optimization
Reporting: Event, Batch, Shift
Data Retrieval: Via USB

Hi, we're looking at doing some work with dried goods - flours, chocolate drops, cocoa powder etc. Looking at X-ray over Metal detection as the packaging is in foil bags. Any ideas on the costs for a basic entry level x-ray machine for smaller packs maybe up to 2.5kg? Many thanks :) 

Note that some MD's are capable of scanning Al foil packaging.

Note that some MD's are capable of scanning Al foil packaging.

This may need special attention, I have been paying attention to this machine, of course until now I am not still very understanding!

However, the aluminum foil packaging product cannot be directly detected according to the working principle of standard MD.

If you must use it, I think it is almost impossible to achieve the expected sensitivity.

A relatively simple and reliable method is to verify the standard metal test pieces instead of the test pieces provided by this machine.

Similar Discussion Topics
Vending Machine Allergens Limit of detection for X-ray machine Scale Labeling Machine Floor Scrubber-Floor cleaning machine Sanitiser and corrosion of nickel coated machine parts SQF Certification for one machine SQF 2.4.5.4 Supplier level of risk rating How long can a machine be down before cleaning needs to be performed? SQF Level 2 implementation for seafood wholesaler and distributor Validate setting machine parameters for the old production