What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Common Quality Control and Food Safety Testing Parameters

Started by , Apr 05 2021 05:30 PM
8 Replies

Hello, if anybody is familiar with the following commodities and know the top 5 most commonly tested parameters in them please let me know I'm having a hard time finding what is routine among all the possible tests that can be conducted. Dehydrated Goods, Meat (pork/beef/poultry), Seafood, Dairy, Animal Feed, Coffee and Cocoa, Pet Food, Color/Flavor/Fragrance, Produce, Nuts.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Common mistake in a HACCP flow diagram Ridiculous cost of Vitamin D testing - is it common?
[Ad]

quality only, or food safety testing as well?

Food safety as well, yes, sorry I wasn't clear there.

Hello,

If anybody is familiar with the following commodities and know the top 5 most commonly tested parameters in them please let me know I'm having a hard time finding what is routine among all the possible tests that can be conducted.

Dehydrated Goods

Meat (pork/beef/poultry)  These items are tested for -salmonella and e coli (according to federally mandated schedules) The facilites will be tested for listeria (frequency dependent on finished good type)  There may be testing for trichinosis in pork    From a pure quality stand point, total coliform and nitrogen levels in MAP may also be tested

Seafood

Dairy 

Animal Feed

Coffee and Cocoa

Pet Food

Color/Flavor/Fragrance

Produce

Nuts

1 Thank

Hello,

If anybody is familiar with the following commodities and know the top 5 most commonly tested parameters in them please let me know I'm having a hard time finding what is routine among all the possible tests that can be conducted.

Dehydrated Goods

Meat (pork/beef/poultry)

Seafood

Dairy

Animal Feed

Coffee and Cocoa

Pet Food

Color/Flavor/Fragrance

Produce

Nuts

Hi jj,

May be quicker to consult a text book. The Scope/Volume involved is somewhat huge.

1 Like

Hi jj,

May be quicker to consult a text book. The Scope/Volume involved is somewhat huge.

I don't think that textbook exists lol

I don't think that textbook exists lol

Actually various Food QC Encyclopedia exist. Particularly in Libraries.

Microorganisms in Foods vol6 covers most commercial food categories with respect to micro characteristics.

1 Like

Actually various Food QC Encyclopedia exist. Particularly in Libraries.

Charles,

My question is specifically what quality control parameters are routinely used in industry as opposed to theoretical or minimally used.  This information isn't normally published in text books, which is why I'm asking people on this forum.  I hope that makes sense, it should.

Charles,

My question is specifically what quality control parameters are routinely used in industry as opposed to theoretical or minimally used.  This information isn't normally published in text books, which is why I'm asking people on this forum.  I hope that makes sense, it should.

Hi jj,

To get some idea of the scope involved just for micro, see these posts -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ds/#entry127333

https://www.ifsqn.co...al/#entry127998

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Common mistake in a HACCP flow diagram Ridiculous cost of Vitamin D testing - is it common? Common or Usual Name of Ingredient or Food SQF Ed 9 Audit Preparation - common issues? What common daily operation checklists do you use? Common Critical Non-conformites in a BRC Audit? How common are process alarms?