What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Potential issues with repacking Roasted Red Peppers

Started by , Mar 29 2021 03:11 PM
8 Replies

Would anyone know the issues I will encounter from taking a 6lb can of roasted red peppers and repacking into 16oz glass jars?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry Haddock Fish - orange/pink in colour - potential causes? How to deal with a potential new hire with a broken foot? Potential Metal Contamination HACCP Plan - Potential Customer Misuse
[Ad]

what else will be in the jar/

we will empty the can and use the liquid in the can to fill the jars, so just the peppers and the liquid

thank you Glenn

ok, one step closer - what is the liquid/

Glenn, they are packed in water

my concern is exposing them to the enviroment 

would anyone know the issues i will encounter from taking a 6lb can of roasted red peppers and repacking into 16oz glass jars?

Supposed to be ambient shelf-stable / sterile ?

Yes on sterile and without adding any type of acid, I am concerned.

Are you doing this commercially. Has anyone taken a class like the Better Process Control Class.

Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) regulations in 21 CFR 108, 113, and 114, which require that each processor of low-acid and acidified low-acid canned foods (including pet foods) operate with a certified supervisor on hand at all times during processing.

https://www.fda.gov/...106721/download - guidelines on the FDA regulations

Yes on sterile and without adding any type of acid, I am concerned.

How is sterility of original pack achieved ? (afaik typical roasting provides pasteurization, not sterility ?)

Similar Discussion Topics
Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry Haddock Fish - orange/pink in colour - potential causes? How to deal with a potential new hire with a broken foot? Potential Metal Contamination HACCP Plan - Potential Customer Misuse Can someone identify this potential wheat fungus? Potential risks of repacking cheese in ambient Help! Potential help from industry for week assignment Risk assessing string as a potential foreign body implementation and controls. Potential hazards from compressed air during sachetting