What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

EU and FDA standard limits for ferrous, non ferrous and stainless steel

Started by , Mar 27 2021 12:37 PM
2 Replies

Hello everyone. We are seafood processors and in a process of metal detector buying, can anyone help me to find out the European and FDA standard limits for ferrous , non ferrous and stainless steel, I need this standard for "IQF frozen  ready to cook fish, shrim & squid" , "ready to eat" fish and shrimp based asian curries" and "breaded fish and shrimp" products,  as we will buy three metal detectors for these three production lines. Thanks, Nazia Ammad

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Plate Counts in RTE Foods Flour Inline Magnet Industry Standard USDA INSPECTORS LIMITS Manufacturer Input form & Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form Could you pleae help to explain clause 3.4.1 in BRCGS Food Safety Standard Issue 8?
[Ad]

Hello Everyone

we are seafood processors and in a process of metal detector buying, can anyone help me to find out the European and FDA standard limits for ferrous , non ferrous and stainless steel, I need this standard for "IQF frozen  ready to cook fish, shrim & squid" , "ready to eat" fish and shrimp based asian curries" and "breaded fish and shrimp" products,  as we will buy three metal detectors for these three production lines. 

Thanks

Nazia Ammad

Hi Nazia,

Afaik, no Official, categorical, Standards/Limits exist except for a (very) few locations like Canada.

A "nearest" Official FDA response to yr query is here -

CPG 555.425 - Adulteration involving Hard or Sharp Foreign Objects.pdf   15.08KB   49 downloads

The "operational" detection limits (Sensitivity) for a given machine correspond to its LOD which varies depending on factors such as design, test material, Product presentation, food matrix etc.

JFI here is an oldish example of some typical Sensitivity expectations using standard test pieces -

MD Sensitivities.pdf   36.7KB   51 downloads

Thanks Charles, hope your docs will help me on this.

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Plate Counts in RTE Foods Flour Inline Magnet Industry Standard USDA INSPECTORS LIMITS Manufacturer Input form & Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form Could you pleae help to explain clause 3.4.1 in BRCGS Food Safety Standard Issue 8? Which GFSI standard should we go with? What Exactly is Standard Deviation? ATP swabbing Time Limits Standard Microbial Count for Equipment and Utensils in Food Industry E.Coli limits for salmon in Australia