What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Footwear in High Risk

Started by , Mar 04 2021 09:04 AM
5 Replies

Hello, we have a high risk facility in which dedicated footwear (wellingtons) are assigned to personnel and no other footwear can be used in this area. Personnel pass through a boot wash device that is dosed with a chlorinated solution and it also scrubs the footwear. I've been told by an audit that wet wash systems (even chlorinated ones) are not ideal and a lot of the industry is moving away from them. Does anyone have any similar experience with this? Thanks, Danny

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Maintenance team footwear in production areas of a low risk poultry processing plant Footwear procedure to prevent contamination Is footwear change and foot baths required in cold storage of meat? BRC GSFS v7 - 4.8.5 - Environmental Monitoring for Footwear Control Types of footwear in a bakery environment
[Ad]

Hello

Is all about what kind of product are you producing? Are you in a wet or dry zone?

Hi

It is cooked crustaceans and it is a wet area. Which is why I was surprised to hear that wet boot wash systems should not be used if possible.

The footwear is captive to the area as well.

Contact the auditor and request proof of the statement - the outcome should be interesting and whybwe never listen to "suggestions etc" by auditors.
1 Like

I will tell you that those washes are NOTORIOUS for introducing a hazard where none was  i.e. the units themselves are not cleaned and/or titrations are not done regularly so they become a cesspool. I cannot begin to tell you the horrors I have seen in some of these units

Are you cleaning the units and testing titrations on a regular basis?

Having said of that...................you would probably find a floor foaming unit just, if not more effective for less $$ long term with a much smaller foot print  OR granular quat that goes into trays that employees must walk through

1 Like

Take this as a suggestion or recommendation from your auditor. If he/she didn't slap you with a non-conformity, you're fine!

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Maintenance team footwear in production areas of a low risk poultry processing plant Footwear procedure to prevent contamination Is footwear change and foot baths required in cold storage of meat? BRC GSFS v7 - 4.8.5 - Environmental Monitoring for Footwear Control Types of footwear in a bakery environment Footwear in a dry clean operation Is protective footwear needed in low risk packing facility? Washable protective footwear Tesco: Footwear Cleaning Requirements Use of Suitable Footwear in processing area