What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Clause 1.1.2 Packaging - Improving the culture of the workforce

Started by , Feb 26 2021 11:19 AM
3 Replies

Has anybody been audited to the clause 1.1.2 Improving the culture of the workforce, being a new clause I was beginning to address this with a culture questionnaire for the staff, however due to Covid and our being a small site I have not had time to roll this out to the staff yet and will not before our May audit as I am engaged in Covid response along side all my other duties. Has anybody had a physical audit where this has been raised by the auditor. Will the preparation of the questionnaire be enough this time round?

thanks. Mark 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Inclusion of Packaging VA in VA for Food Raw Materials, 5.4.2 ? Irradiated Packaging Material Compliance Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Protective Clothing as per BRCGS Packaging Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging
[Ad]

Unfortunately simply having a questionnaire prepared will not be enough.

This clause was introduced a couple of years ago so any auditor will be looking for your action plan to improve the culture and also a review of the plan to demonstrate that these actions have been completed within the timescale. 

BRCGS released a position statement (F837) regarding 1.1.2.

Edit: Just noticed this was regarding packaging, apologies, not familiar with the packaging standard.

Attached Files

• F837.pdf   184.38KB   116 downloads

How did you get on with your audit Mark? Particularly clause 1.1.2 ?

Our audit is due soon and will be the first assessing culture of the workforce,

I've recently completed my first BRC Packaging audit, which also included the Culture Clause 1.1.2 , and the following was accepted;

Culture Questionnaire (to be completed by at least 75% of staff members)

Analysis of results of the questionnaire (discussed within a Management review with objectives set)

Culture plan, which indicated the steps taken to improve the culture i.e. the questionnaire, improved communication, staff reviews, verification through internal audits, employee time served programme and more.

No NC's received for this, but I guess depends on the auditor.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Inclusion of Packaging VA in VA for Food Raw Materials, 5.4.2 ? Irradiated Packaging Material Compliance Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Protective Clothing as per BRCGS Packaging Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging Packaging Requirements for USDA Organic Food Food Safety and Quality Culture Presentation How are You Measuring Your Food Safety Culture Plan? Co-Packaging in Separate Area Extended Producer Responsibility laws (EPR Laws) related to product packaging and, depending on the state, certain paper and food service ware product