What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to Check concentration Hydrogen Peroxide

Started by , Feb 25 2021 04:27 AM
4 Replies

Hello all friends, can anyone help me?, I need reference about how to check concentration H202 during use in production.

I have inform to check it with hydrometer and metode tirtimetri (KMNO4). If you are have the procedure, please share. Thank you. BR, Faradilla  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Room Risk Sanity Check SQF 11.2.5.3 Mix concentration for dish soap Synergex concentration How can I check good sterilization? Can anyone check my HACCP plan for Sea Moss Gel?
[Ad]

It's a simple redox titration. Anyone studying chemistry in college could do that and make a procedure suitable to the lab equipment (glassware, bought materials).

Some training is also needed. The titration techniques cannot be mastered without practicing.

1 Thank

As beautiophile noted, this can be done via titration and this will give you a very accurate answer.

How accurate do you need the test result to be? There are colorimetric methods that use a photometer and some reagents that will give you an accurate result. This type of test won't need chemical expertise to be able to do the test. You simply prepare the sample, add a reagent(s)  and then read the result. You'll have to buy the photometer and reagents.

You can even buy simple test strips, put the test strip in the sample, wait the allotted time and then read the level of H202 in the sample by comparing it to a colour chart. Look up "Hydrogen Peroxide Test Strips as well as photometer test methods for hydrogen peroxide. 

Test strips: https://selectscient...est-strips.html

Photometer: https://www.palintes...rogen-peroxide/

1 Thank

Hello all friends, can anyone help me?, I need reference about how to check concentration H202 during use in production.

I have inform to check it with hydrometer and metode tirtimetri (KMNO4). If you are have the procedure, please share. Thank you. BR, Faradilla  

Hi Faradilla,

Here is a titration procedure as requested. Includes a sample calculation.

Procedure Analysis Hydrogen Peroxide with Potassium Permanganate.pdf   240.78KB   13 downloads

1 Thank

Hai All, thank you very much for response .

This refernece very helpful  :happydance:  :spoton:

BR 

Faradilla 

Similar Discussion Topics
Room Risk Sanity Check SQF 11.2.5.3 Mix concentration for dish soap Synergex concentration How can I check good sterilization? Can anyone check my HACCP plan for Sea Moss Gel? Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Handwashing 100ppm chlorine concentration Chlorine concentration as food contact sanitizer Controlling check in and out of blades High CO2 concentration in frozen warehouse filled with cranberries