What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Scale Recommendation

Started by , Feb 23 2021 04:53 PM
5 Replies

Can someone recommended either a supplier or specific NTEP, Legal for a trade gram scale in the United States? My requirements are Capacity to 5lbs. at .1 graduations. Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Scale Calibrations Scale Labeling Machine How to control garbage in pilot scale room (R&D Department)? Scale Calibrations Stand-Up Pouch small-scale processing
[Ad]

Can someone recommended either a supplier or specific NTEP, Legal for a trade gram scale in the United States? My requirements are Capacity to 5lbs. at .1 graduations. Thanks.

What is NTEP ??

I like Mettler or Rice lake

They both make scales capable of handling those values

The trick is finding a reputable company to purchase them from  Good companies will never charge you to repair...and only a small fee for calibrations

We use Rice Lake and Weigh Tronix Scales. I'm in a FDA/USDA facility.

What is NTEP ??

National Type Evaluation Program - for the most part "legal for trade"

the scales mentioned by others are good.  i have also used ohaus and A&D.    

Also consider if you need or want a wash down model.   

scampi has a point.   there are many science supply companies that sell scales / balances.   however you might be further ahead when service or calibration is needed using a local scale company.   with your requirements they should have many options to choose from.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Scale Calibrations Scale Labeling Machine How to control garbage in pilot scale room (R&D Department)? Scale Calibrations Stand-Up Pouch small-scale processing Procedure for Scale Up to Production Scale Calibration - Weights, Tolerances, and Frequency? Scale Calibration and Verification Do we need to calibrate our scale tare weights annually? Scale calibration requirement