What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are there specific volumes that certain pre-packed products have to meet in the UK?

Started by , Feb 15 2021 02:44 PM
2 Replies

Hi, is anyone aware of specific volumes that certain pre-packed products have to meet in the UK. For example does vinegar have to be in a 5L container of could we fill to 5.2L as long as we label it as such? Is any amount legal or is it restricted to certain increments?Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there a specific FDA regulation that references using NIST Handbook 133 for determining food ingredient MAV? Do we include third party manufacturing products in our FSSC 22000 scope? Cadmium standard for Milkfish products composed of different ingredients Guidance on Using "Clean Label" for Imported Food Products Assistance Needed on Dairy Products Checklist for Hypermarket Inspections
[Ad]

Hi

Is anyone aware of specific volumes that certain pre-packed products have to meet in the UK.

For example does vinegar have to be in a 5L container of could we fill to 5.2L as long as we label it as such? Is any amount legal or is it restricted to certain increments?

Thanks

Generally the set size requirements only apply to products for which so-called "specified quantities" are defined in regulations - primarily alcoholic drinks, in the case of liquids. I'm not aware of any such restriction on vinegar, so as long as you comply with general weights & measures regs I can't see why you couldn't pack to 5.2L.

Thanks - that's what I thought as well

:)

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there a specific FDA regulation that references using NIST Handbook 133 for determining food ingredient MAV? Do we include third party manufacturing products in our FSSC 22000 scope? Cadmium standard for Milkfish products composed of different ingredients Guidance on Using "Clean Label" for Imported Food Products Assistance Needed on Dairy Products Checklist for Hypermarket Inspections Loading Hazardous with Non-Hazardous Products Average Shelf Life of Beef Primals Frozen Vacuum Packed How Does FSSC 22000 Address Trade Products in Its Certification Scope? Does BRCGS Clause 3.11.4 Apply to Incidents Involving Products Excluded from Audit Scope? Is a Written Procedure Required for Existing Products According to BRCGS Clause 5.1.1?