What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Soybean Oil and Coconut Oil

Started by , Feb 13 2021 01:53 PM
2 Replies

Question: When you have Soybean Oil and Coconut Oil in the ingredients statement do you have to put it in the Allergen Statement? I think I know the answer.  I what to know what other people are thinking. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Highly Refined Soybean Oil Validation - NBFDS - BE- Bioengineered If a product contains less than 2% soybean oil does the label have to state that it contains soy? How to clean tools and equipment when moving from soybean oil to palm oil? SOP for Soybean oil processing Food grade factory partitions for soybean processing
[Ad]

Question: 

When you have Soybean Oil and Coconut Oil in the ingredients statement do you have to put it in the Allergen Statement?

I think I know the answer.  I what to know what other people are thinking. 

I assume these are refined edible oils.

hint - google >

https://snacksafely....highly-refined/

IF these are refined oils with no protein present they are not allergenic.

in any case your ingredient statement would declare them and meet the regulation below.

so the answer would be no, unless im missing something.

(A) the word `Contains', followed by the name of the food source from which the major food allergen is derived, is printed immediately after or is adjacent to the list of ingredients (in a type size no smaller than the type size used in the list of ingredients) required under subsections (g) and (i); or
``(B) the common or usual name of the major food allergen in the list of ingredients required under subsections (g) and (i) is followed in parentheses by the name of the food source from which the major food allergen is derived, except that the name of the food source is not required when--
``(i) the common or usual name of the ingredient uses the name of the food source from which the major food allergen is derived; or
``(ii) the name of the food source from which the major food allergen is derived appears elsewhere in the ingredient list, unless the name of the food source that appears elsewhere in the ingredient list appears as part of the name of a food ingredient that is not a major food allergen under section 201(qq)(2)(A) or (B).

Similar Discussion Topics
Highly Refined Soybean Oil Validation - NBFDS - BE- Bioengineered If a product contains less than 2% soybean oil does the label have to state that it contains soy? How to clean tools and equipment when moving from soybean oil to palm oil? SOP for Soybean oil processing Food grade factory partitions for soybean processing What are the microbiological risks with Pure Soybean Oil? Allergen Statement Refined Soybean Oil (RBD Environmental Monitoring Program for Soybean Oil Refinery Soybean Oil Refinery HACCP HACCP GMP SSOP Procedures for production of Edible Soybean Oil