What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP Codex - evaluating Critical Control Points

Started by , Feb 12 2021 04:53 AM
2 Replies

Hello, please help. When the auditor say " Following HACCP, you must evaluate if you have a critical control point. If you follow codex, they have a decision tree available to help make that determination. Your plan as written only considered applying a preventive control, which abides by FSMA/FDA requirements but does not meet HACCP by Codex standards. " What is this mean??? Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do we need to include addictive/preservative on process flow chart or HACCP plan How Can I Reduce the Frequency of HACCP Deviation Reports? Do Bottling Lines Necessitate Separate HACCP Plans? Validating HACCP CCP - In Line Screen Filter No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible?
[Ad]

What process did you use to determine that you did or did not have CCPs?

https://blog.safetyc...ood-safety-plan   This article explains the differences

A HACCP plan is (generally speaking) more robust that a PC plan

I've attached the decision tree I usedecision tree.PNG   322.17KB   1 downloads

Hello,

Please help. When the auditor say " Following HACCP, you must evaluate if you have a critical control point. If you follow codex, they have a decision tree available to help make that determination. 

Your plan as written only considered applying a preventive control, which abides by FSMA/FDA requirements but does not meet HACCP by Codex standards. "

What is this mean??? Thank you

Hi knvtran,

It probably means that Codex-based CCPs are not always the same as FSMA/Preventive Controls.

Was there a GFSI-recognised Standard involved ?

Please provide basic information regarding yr product/process and the specific process points/CCPs which generated  yr auditor's remark ?.

(Note that yr auditor seems unaware that Codex's latest haccp document has recently "dropped" it's long-utilised (vertical) decision tree).

Similar Discussion Topics
Do we need to include addictive/preservative on process flow chart or HACCP plan How Can I Reduce the Frequency of HACCP Deviation Reports? Do Bottling Lines Necessitate Separate HACCP Plans? Validating HACCP CCP - In Line Screen Filter No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? HACCP vs PCQI Training Where to Find the Current HACCP Standard? Is IFSQN HACCP Training Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance? CCP in HACCP Process Microbiological Testing and HACCP for Ice Pops