What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Contact Packaging Letter of Guarantee Example

Started by , Feb 01 2021 02:18 PM
11 Replies

Dear all, I would like to ask our suppliers to give us a letter of guarantee for primary food contact packaging with references to the regulations. Does anyone have a template they can share with me?   These are foreign suppliers so I would like to provide them with a roadmap.  Thanks, Renee  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Rejection for major food allergen Food Safety Requirements Food Safety Requirements Can Inhalers and Emergency Prescribed Medications be Allowed in Food Production Areas under SQF and FDA Requirements? Food Fraud
[Ad]

I have this one from our US suppliers - please, see attached for your reference, hope this would help a bit

Attached Files

1 Thank

I have this one from our US suppliers - please, see attached for your reference, hope this would help a bit

Hi Olena,

I see no mention of migration data. Not required in US ?

I have no idea, sorry Charles. We received this kind of letter as they are, most of them actually have no reference to regulations

1 Thank

I have no idea, sorry Charles. We received this kind of letter as they are, most of them actually have no reference to regulations

I daresay it's perfectly impressive as it is. :smile:

LOG is an American tradition.

1 Like

It would depend on what type of packaging. As a paperboard packaging manufacturer we use the attached form of LOG

Attached Files

Hi Olena,

I see no mention of migration data. Not required in US ?

Both Sample LOG's from post #2 and post #6 are much more detailed then anything I have from suppliers, which have been SQF accepted for years.  

Would you be able to share a redacted version of what your current suppliers provide?   

Know that there is a lot of legal CYA in these in the US. :lol:

1 Like

Here's a simpler one from our food-contact packaging supplier.

Attached Files

1 Thank

Hello, pls find interesting this check list (from IFS)
best regards,
Leila

Attached Files

It also depends on if you are a USDA facility which means that the letter must comply with 9 CFR 317.24(b) also if you put the wording continual guarantee. You won't need a new one every year. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Rejection for major food allergen Food Safety Requirements Food Safety Requirements Can Inhalers and Emergency Prescribed Medications be Allowed in Food Production Areas under SQF and FDA Requirements? Food Fraud Food Category under Codex Guidance on Using "Clean Label" for Imported Food Products How to Address and Resolve Water Quality Issues in a Food Manufacturing Facility Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Are there any food safety standards or guidelines for Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables?