What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Will our unannounced audit in April be to SQF Ed 9?

Started by , Jan 12 2021 02:34 PM
3 Replies

I am scheduled for an un-announced audit from 4/24-6/24. Which edition will I be audited on? Can I go ahead and implement 9? We were scheduled last year for our un-announced audit, but it was scheduled due to COVID. What is the procedure now?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Longest Wait for Audit Report: Share Your Experiences After the BRC Audit....... Root Cause Analysis for Non-Conformities After BRCGS Audit Can anyone share an integrated audit checklist for ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 9001 Walmart Social Audit Inquiry
[Ad]

I attended an SQF edition 9 webinar in November.  When this question was brought up, I believe they gave a vague answer along the lines of be prepared for both.  I didn't write down the exact answer because this doesn't apply to me.  But I believe the recommendation was to write up edition 9 and have it ready to make the switch in May because they will not audit against edition 9 until the implementation date.

1 Like

Yeah....I have this same question, same situation.  On our SQF audit verification with the CD it states edition 8.  I suppose we'll have to be prepared for both which honestly isn't appropriate.  I think there needs to be flexibility with these where if you potential unannounced audit date is prior to 5/23 it is edition 8 even if you are audited after 5/23.  Companies can't really make a "switch".  We'll likely just have a separate section / documents for anything new in edition 9.

SQFI Home Page - Safe Quality Food Institute

SQF Code Edition 9 

The Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI), a division of FMI, The Food Industry Association, announces the release of SQF Code Edition 9 for audits beginning on May 24, 2021.

Similar Discussion Topics
Longest Wait for Audit Report: Share Your Experiences After the BRC Audit....... Root Cause Analysis for Non-Conformities After BRCGS Audit Can anyone share an integrated audit checklist for ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 9001 Walmart Social Audit Inquiry X-Ray Machine Requirement for Initial Audit: Clarification Needed KPI Tracking for Audit Performance: Seeking Templates FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Examples Needed for Manufacturing Audit Scope Internal Audit Challenges with BRC Issue 9