What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Non-GMO Certification for Canada & USA

Started by , Jan 05 2021 02:03 AM
4 Replies

Hi, I'm looking for a [non-GMO] certification body [for Canada and USA]. Please advise which company would you recommend and why? What are the challenges you encountered during the certification process? Thank you in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Importing flour to Canada Guidance on Dairy Certification for Cold Storage Facilities Gantt Chart for Certification Project: Examples Needed Steps for Certification Process: Review Needed Outsourced Distribution Scope for FSSC 22000 Certification
[Ad]

Hi

I'm looking for a [non-GMO] certification body [for Canada and USA]. Please advise which company would you recommend and why? What are the challenges you encountered during the certification process?

Thank you in advance,

Hi Ives,

It may relate to (a) yr specific business ? (b) what yr customers are requiring (if anything) ?

Hi

I'm looking for a [non-GMO] certification body [for Canada and USA]. Please advise which company would you recommend and why? What are the challenges you encountered during the certification process?

Thank you in advance,

The Non-GMO project has been the overwhelming preference amongst customers based in the US, from the admittedly fairly modest sample I've seen: https://www.nongmoproject.org/

Others based on that side of the world may have more direct input.
I've only been through it from the supplier end of things.

1 Thank

So since this is not a "regulated" claim in Canada  (i.e. its not something CFIA governs) I would make sure my claim was bullet proof (they will be cracking down in the next couple of years)

My suggestions would be NSF Canada or SGS..........have worked with both, would not pick one over the other except the customer service is better with NSF

https://www.realagri...mean-non-gmo/  

1 Like1 Thank

We're certified by SGS, no complaints, very professional auditors. What they review is: GMO policy, personnel training records, and ingredients' GMO status. I'm attaching SGS GMO standard against which I was developing my program.

Attached Files

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Importing flour to Canada Guidance on Dairy Certification for Cold Storage Facilities Gantt Chart for Certification Project: Examples Needed Steps for Certification Process: Review Needed Outsourced Distribution Scope for FSSC 22000 Certification Clarifying Certification Requirements for FSSC 22000 How can a U.S. dietary supplement manufacturer find a representative in Canada for NPN registration, and is it actually required? How has GFSI certification impacted your company’s business? What is an Acceptable LOQ for Peanut Allergen Testing in Canada? How Does FSSC 22000 Address Trade Products in Its Certification Scope?