What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Should I include process control (CP) in the HACCP Plan ?

Started by , Jan 04 2021 08:07 PM
5 Replies

Hello, I recently low grade our metal detector to a process control base on risk and history and it was accepted during the SQF audit. Should I include it in the Flow chart ? If yes, what about our check weighing system ? Our certification buddy agreed that the metal detector is not a process step, but a process control and told us that it should be included in the bagging step. Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRC Audit plan before the scheduled audit GFSI standards that include both manufactured and traded goods. VACCP assestment for process and raw material How are You Measuring Your Food Safety Culture Plan? No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible?
[Ad]

They absolutely should be included weather you have them as a CCP or a PC--still an important step in your process

Hello,

I recently low grade our metal detector to a process control base on risk and history and it was accepted during the SQF audit. Should I include it in the Flow chart ? If yes, what about our check weighing system ? Our certification buddy agreed that the metal detector is not a process step, but a process control and told us that it should be included in the bagging step.

Thank you.

Hi Sophie,

I deduce the flowchart is for haccp.

How can the implementation of a metal detector not be a process step ?

It is also unlikely to be a (mere) CP  ??

IIRC SQF is one of the few FS Standards which expects (but nowhere requests ?) "CP"s to be identified on a HACCP flowchart. Just another SQF quirk.

Charles---the last 3 facilities I have worked at metal detection was only a PC----as it does NOT stop product from being shipped if it fails like a time/temp kill step would 

Charles---the last 3 facilities I have worked at metal detection was only a PC----as it does NOT stop product from being shipped if it fails like a time/temp kill step would 

So much for Codex's labourings to develop their ingenious Tree. FDA Schemantics ?

Regardless, in the (English) Literature I agree you can find MDs designated as CCPs, OPRPs, PRPs, CPs, PCs however  I am a traditionalist.

Oh Charles lol you know the FDA never followed Codex---the horror someone came up with something before the good ole us of a did!

There is good reason why the recalls/capita are so much higher in the USA than any other developed nation---- I digress

If the metal detection is set up correctly and still requires deviation procedures to be followed then it matters not me thinks

Similar Discussion Topics
BRC Audit plan before the scheduled audit GFSI standards that include both manufactured and traded goods. VACCP assestment for process and raw material How are You Measuring Your Food Safety Culture Plan? No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP? Chilling & Freezing Time and Temperature Control... Legislation? Pest control in pharmaceutical warehouse Testing Plan Risk Assessment Organic Food Fraud Prevention Plan