What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Example procedure for procurement in emergency situation clause 2.5.1 FSSC 22000 v5.1

Started by , Dec 28 2020 09:35 AM

My facility is SQF certified, so I'm not sure how this translates to FSSC 22000, but here is a excerpt from my Approved Supplier Program:

Emergency Supplier Contingency Plan

In the instance that an unapproved supplier, or a new raw material from an approved supplier, needs to be used in an emergency or on a temporary basis, it will be required to submit a modified list of documents for review and approval:

• Specification sheets for all raw materials and food-contact packaging materials.
  • Allergen Statements for all raw materials.
  • Kosher Certificates for all applicable raw materials.
  • Organic Certificates for all applicable raw materials.

The Manager, Food Safety will seek additional information about the supplier by:

• Review of the supplier’s website.
  • Searching for the supplier in the FDA Database.
  • Searching for the supplier in the databases for various GFSI accredited schemes.

Upon receipt of the emergency-approved raw materials or food-contact packaging materials, the COAs for the materials received will be compared with the submitted specifications.

• If the COA falls within the specifications, the materials will be accepted.
  • If the COA does not fall within the specifications, the materials will be placed on HOLD until the specification issue is investigated and the final disposition determined.
7 Replies

Hi everybody. I need an example procedure for procurement in emergency situation clause 2.5.1 FSSC 22000 v5.1. We already have a procedure for purchase and supplier evaluation but I dont know how to upgrade it in emergency situation and even the definition of ememrgency situation in this case. 

Thank you in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Procedure for Load and Unload Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement FSSC 22000 V6.0 Additional Requirement 2.5.11 d) i FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist
[Ad]

Do you have a concession procedure? 

You need to include your supplier approval process, so that you can demonstrate that you're following your own procedures. 

A document to approve the material internally. 

1 Like1 Thank

Jacob,

We do not have an emergency procurement procedure.  Our emergency procedure is to follow the current procedure, except "RUSH" it.  We need to have the approvals in place prior to accepting a new product.  We require purchasing agreements, product and supplier questionnaires, specification etc.. and then we will bring in the product and test it for compliance.  No ifs, and or buts about it.  All paperwork and approvals are in place prior to any material leaving our facility. 

If they want us to purchase, we get all this information quickly.  We even ask for samples of multiple lots to be rushed to our plant for evaluation if it is a critical ingredient. 

We have never had anyone tell us no.

My facility is SQF certified, so I'm not sure how this translates to FSSC 22000, but here is a excerpt from my Approved Supplier Program:

Emergency Supplier Contingency Plan

In the instance that an unapproved supplier, or a new raw material from an approved supplier, needs to be used in an emergency or on a temporary basis, it will be required to submit a modified list of documents for review and approval:

• Specification sheets for all raw materials and food-contact packaging materials.
  • Allergen Statements for all raw materials.
  • Kosher Certificates for all applicable raw materials.
  • Organic Certificates for all applicable raw materials.

The Manager, Food Safety will seek additional information about the supplier by:

• Review of the supplier’s website.
  • Searching for the supplier in the FDA Database.
  • Searching for the supplier in the databases for various GFSI accredited schemes.

Upon receipt of the emergency-approved raw materials or food-contact packaging materials, the COAs for the materials received will be compared with the submitted specifications.

• If the COA falls within the specifications, the materials will be accepted.
  • If the COA does not fall within the specifications, the materials will be placed on HOLD until the specification issue is investigated and the final disposition determined.
2 Likes5 Thanks

In fact such "emergency" add-on options were afaik formally introduced via iso9001 around 50+ years ago.

It would be interesting to understand whether the procurement in emergency situation also includes any natural disasters or medical emergencies like pandemic.

Any suggestions

What would be the criteria for outsource services in emergency situation,, how we can manage and add it in our procedure ????????

Hi Everyone, 

I am also looking for procedure for procurement in emergency situation for (food manufacturing industry)clause 2.5.1 fssc 22000 v 5.1 ? can anyone share reference procedure for this ??

Similar Discussion Topics
Procedure for Load and Unload Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement FSSC 22000 V6.0 Additional Requirement 2.5.11 d) i FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Is document conversion necessary for FSSC 22000 from NSF/ANSI 173? Could you pleae help to explain clause 3.4.1 in BRCGS Food Safety Standard Issue 8? ISO 22000:2018 Templates Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Changeover procedure for transition of FSSC22000 V5.1 to V6