What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Process for Baking Cookies, getting Mould problem

Started by , Nov 12 2020 10:21 AM
4 Replies

Hello professionals, my name is Rotimi, and I'm a new member of the group. I will please need your contributions on baking of cookies from start to the end: most especially on
1. What should be the baking temperature of cookies with egg as part of the recipe?
2. Is water needed at all in baking of cookies? If not what do I need to dissolve raw materials like the preservative?
3. What should be the temperature of the cookies after cooling?
4. How do I know that my cookie is ready for packaging?

Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC 22000 V6 Risk-based change management process Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Is Our Non-Dairy Sweet Sauce Process Adequately Safe for Scaling Up Without Hot Filling? Guidance on Number of Actionable Process Steps for FDA-Compliant Food Defense Plan SQF Re-Certification Process?
[Ad]

I am afraid we would need more answers in order to provide any substantive answers. 

Some cookies need water, some do not.  What kind of cookies are you making?

1 Like

As Setanta says, we need more information. Temperatures and so forth are easy to come by, but the hazards with the process and finished product are not. My company produces cookies as well, but it is no-bake. We do not include egg. The microbial inhibition is controlled post-process primarily through water activity. 

You'll need to perform a hazard analysis, minimally, on your process. Have you sent anything out for third-party analysis? Have you done shelf-life testing? 

All good things to start with. 

At Setanta, the cookie type is oatmeal (key ingredient is oat).

At kettlecorn, egg is part of our recipe. Please how do we go about the haccp and shelf-life analyses?

Sincerely, I need information on how we could control the microbial activity, because we usually receive complaints of mold outgrowth...

Thanks.

At Setanta, the cookie type is oatmeal (key ingredient is oat).

At kettlecorn, egg is part of our recipe. Please how do we go about the haccp and shelf-life analyses?

Sincerely, I need information on how we could control the microbial activity, because we usually receive complaints of mold outgrowth...

Thanks.

Are you trained in HACCP? If you were in the US, I'd send you here: https://www.fda.gov/.../99581/download

If you already have complaints, you have something wrong (a) in the production (which could include time, temperature, or sanitation of equipment) (b) in hazards you aren't aware of, because you've never performed an analysis or (c ) in your actual shelf life, because you haven't done testing. 

I don't know labs in Nigeria. Eurofins is a good place to start. https://www.eurofinsus.com/

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC 22000 V6 Risk-based change management process Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Is Our Non-Dairy Sweet Sauce Process Adequately Safe for Scaling Up Without Hot Filling? Guidance on Number of Actionable Process Steps for FDA-Compliant Food Defense Plan SQF Re-Certification Process? VACCP assestment for process and raw material Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer Cleaning Process and Chemicals Process Authority Recommendations? BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control