What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Customer Notification Management of Change

Started by , Nov 05 2020 05:14 PM
2 Replies

I was taught that whenever there is a significant change, the customer must be notified.  A significant change is defined as a change in manufacturing process or site, a change in specification or a change in packaging or labeling.  Where does this list come from?  We have changed a manufacturing location, and I am defending this policy to the higher ups to notify the customers of this change.  I need documentation of where this list came from.  Thank you for your assistance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Customer Complaints How to handle customer complaint Releasing Product Prior to Positive Release Being Completed for Customer SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza
[Ad]

Hey Clind, it could come from a couple different areas and as they are all specific to you, there might not be a 'list.'

• Some customers have this built into contracts, and will have the specific changes that they must be notified of spelled out 
  • Most customers will request your MoC/Change notice policy/procedure or ask you to sign off on theirs
  • Some certification schemes have specific requirements in this area

What does your company change policy require?

The policy is basically how I define it.  However, you have answered my question.  Thank you for your input.

Similar Discussion Topics
Customer Complaints How to handle customer complaint Releasing Product Prior to Positive Release Being Completed for Customer SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims How to respond customer complaint regarding pH out of spec