What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Jewellery Policy 6.2.1 - how are you dealing with no piercings on exposed parts of the body?

Started by , Oct 21 2020 07:36 PM
9 Replies

Hi all

Just wondering how people are dealing with the update to 6.2.1 of BRC Packaging issue 6 with regards to not piercings on exposed parts of the body’. Has everyone banned earrings?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Covering of jewellery Dress Code Policy - Jewellery Policy Need help with wording of piercings in a Jewellery Policy Jewellery exemptions for amenities cleaner
[Ad]

My company provides cloth helmets to everybody and they cover the ears. We then don't ban earrings and just don't encourage the dangling types.

If you are going to allow the jewelry, you need to do a risk assessment to ensure that whatever you are going to use to cover it up does not allow the object fall out of the covering if it comes loose.

Here is what we have in our GMP's:

No jewelry (ear rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc.) is permitted in the processing, packaging, shipping, or maintenance areas.  Only plain wedding bands (without a setting) that can be sanitized and cleaned are permitted. Medical alert bracelets and necklaces are allowed.  Body piercings that are or can be exposed (ear, eyebrow, tongue, nose, lip, and cheek) are not allowed in the plant processing/packaging areas, only in the break room, locker rooms, front office or store area. 

We have NO JEWELLERY policy with only exception for medical bracelets/pendants.

ours is the same a PieGuy191

Some places allow it to be covered with a blue ,metal detectable plaster but you can get into a can of worms. We would only allow it for a low risk visitor. It will not work for tongue piercings 

ours is the same a PieGuy191

Some places allow it to be covered with a blue ,metal detectable plaster but you can get into a can of worms. We would only allow it for a low risk visitor. It will not work for tongue piercings 

You guys all ban tongue piercings as well?

Yes

1 Thank

You guys all ban tongue piercings as well?

I can't see tongue piercings without an effort that I am not willing to perform. (especially in the day of COVID)  They are not on my list. If is ever becomes an issue and it hasn't in 16 years here, I consider changing my mind.

1 Thank

I've always considered tongue piercing's as not 'exposed,' which is what a few codes have in the wording.

I'm not in any way going against those that do ban them, because I could see an argument that if they are talking and you can see it, it's exposed. For me it was just a rabbit hole I didn't want to go down.

Speaking of rabbit holes I didn't want to go down, it was unfortunately a badly kept secret that the other SQF practitioner (lab manager, we were each others back-up in our respective locations in a previous business I worked in) had a prince albert...

I've learned quite a bit in the 6 years since that position, but I still don't think there is a way to appropriately address that one.

1 Like1 Thank

LOL,

Yes steer well clear of that.!

I think it is a judgment call and you could defend it either way with a good risk assessment. (tongue periling I mean!)

With Covid, tongue piercings are not an issue because we are all wearing masks now. A previous boss put it to me that when we speak we expel some water/saliva droplets and that this is increased if we have something in our mouth. Obviously gum & sweets increase saliva but a piece of metal creates more than an empty mouth would.  :shades:  

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Covering of jewellery Dress Code Policy - Jewellery Policy Need help with wording of piercings in a Jewellery Policy Jewellery exemptions for amenities cleaner Is it better to bunch all knives, pen, stationery, jewellery policies? What jewellery would be considered medical? Jewellery policy Jewellery Policy Jewellery - Ideas for controlling the wearing of wristwatches