What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety Agreement with Transporters

Started by , Oct 18 2020 02:07 AM
6 Replies

Hi everyone, has anyone ever written a Food Safety Agreement with transporters? 

Here in Perú, it is very uncommon to have contracts with food packaging transporters so I am searching for the way to assure Food Packaging safety while transport is conducted. Any templates maybe... Thanks in advance. Franco

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories UK verification /tests on importend food SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification No food from Chine
[Ad]

Here in Perú, it is very uncommon to have contracts with food packaging transporters so I am searching for the way to assure Food Packaging safety while transport is conducted. Any templates maybe... Thanks in advance. Franco

IMEX the primary objective is related to "Insurance".

We have got a kinda same situation. Our company makes an additional MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) signed by both sides and requiring:

- Product protection

- Clean truck

- Truck cleaning schedule

- Secure of the package

- Avoiding co-shipping with chemical & odorous goods

- Protection against threats & malicious acts.

etc.

Hey! Thanks for your reply! May I get a template of your Memorandum of Understanding?

Thanks in advance!!!

We have got a kinda same situation. Our company makes an additional MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) signed by both sides and requiring:

- Product protection

- Clean truck

- Truck cleaning schedule

- Secure of the package

- Avoiding co-shipping with chemical & odorous goods

- Protection against threats & malicious acts.

etc.

We've simply put the requirements from the BRC standard (in our case 4.16) to be a part of the supplier approval documents.

Transport companies have to sign this or we won't use them.

In my experience, transport companies will normally sign anything to get the business in the hope that no problem ever comes up. Make sure you build in a clause that you will reject the vehicle if it is not up to your  standards.

I don't know how it works in Peru, but in the UK there are often further complications as transport companies themselves frequently sub-contract to other companies.

The Standard also uses the term 'general carriers'  (5.10.6) and it may be that the quantity of your products transported and the type of transporter could fall within this definition. 

Hi Franco,

We're food packaging company and we have attached agreement in place with our transport companies

Attached Files

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories UK verification /tests on importend food SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification No food from Chine Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging Food Fraud Assessment Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Food Defense