What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Potential hazards from compressed air during sachetting

Started by , Oct 07 2020 12:25 PM
2 Replies

Hi !

During our recent FSSC v.5 audit, we had a finding on the potential hazards from the compressed air during sachetting.

It was not identified and assessed in our hazard assessment as a product contact.

Can anyone help me with this topic. What are the potential hazards from a compressed air?

Where can I possible get a source or reference? As per our maintenance dept, we have an oil-free compressor.

Thanks in advance and greatly appreciate your time to consider my question.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry Haddock Fish - orange/pink in colour - potential causes? How to deal with a potential new hire with a broken foot? Potential Metal Contamination HACCP Plan - Potential Customer Misuse
[Ad]

Hello. Your auditor was correct in identifying your current situation as non-compliance since the air is being used in a "direct food contact" application. Using an oil free compressor is a good first step, but having "food grade" compressed air requires more preventive controls (ex. micron filtering, etc...). Regulations regarding compressed air quality differ worldwide, but I have attached some information that the US Food Industry is required to adhere to regarding this topic. I hope it is of some value to you and your team. 

Attached Files

1 Like1 Thank

Oil Free? Does that mean there is no lubricant oil in the compressor itself?

Next question - from where do you pull the air from - source?

Similar Discussion Topics
Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry Haddock Fish - orange/pink in colour - potential causes? How to deal with a potential new hire with a broken foot? Potential Metal Contamination HACCP Plan - Potential Customer Misuse Can someone identify this potential wheat fungus? Potential issues with repacking Roasted Red Peppers Potential risks of repacking cheese in ambient Help! Potential help from industry for week assignment Risk assessing string as a potential foreign body implementation and controls.