What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Alternative to Polyurethane in Almond Handler Process

Started by , Oct 02 2020 04:40 PM
1 Reply

Hello everyone,

I work for an Almond Handler who processes both shelled and inshell raw almonds. Throughout our process we use "flashing" which is a red polyurethane material. Recently it seems we are running into some issues where the material breaks off. We have recently replaced all the old pieces and added extra inspections. However I was wondering if there is a substitute material that is more durable and possibly even metal detectable? 

The polyurethane is used to minimize physical almond defects and guide the almonds down the lines. 

Thank you for the help!  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Origanox alternative Contingency Plans - alternative product sourcing Alternative gloves - when nitrile gloves become scarce
[Ad]

Popypropylene or nylon will hold up better.  But, it depends on the environment and what the material is exposed to such as chemicals, lubricants, and physical impact.

You can get metal impregnated pieces for metal detection as I've seen them advertised although I don't know where exactly.

Need more info to better assist.

Similar Discussion Topics
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Origanox alternative Contingency Plans - alternative product sourcing Alternative gloves - when nitrile gloves become scarce Freezing and quick thawing of fresh dairy alternative drinks Alternative PPE's to wearing surgical masks? Alternative for nitrile powder free gloves Time segregation is not an acceptable alternative for high-risk areas Looking for an alternative to using corn brooms on our plant floor?