What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to justify freezable claim on bread product pack?

Started by , Sep 30 2020 10:30 AM
2 Replies

Hi everyone. Hope you're all safe and well.

We produce bread products. One of our customers wants freezeable claims to be put on the packs of of their products. We have never done this before for a customer. Obviously bread can be frozen. Ours is a low risk bread product i.e. does not support onset of growth of micro. How would i go about ensuring this claim can be made for the products?

Thanks

Pro F

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Leak over finished product Extended Producer Responsibility laws (EPR Laws) related to product packaging and, depending on the state, certain paper and food service ware product Box label and pack label Supplier Approval Program- Storage/Pick and Pack on behalf customers (suppliers) Honey in product does it require label warning for infants?
[Ad]

Check UK regulations for label claims. If "freezable" is not included, I would contact your food inspection regulatory body to clarify this matter

You would first need have a test run to ensure your product could be frozen and return un-frozen state without degrading.

I bought some bread one day at a health food store and it had rice and water chestnut flour listed as ingredients, it did not say anything about being frozen and it came from the refrigerated section of the store - I froze it and when we decided to take some out, it thawed into a pile of mush.

Lesson learned.

After that the company that made it put a statement on the label indicating that the bread should not be frozen in order to maintain appearance.

Similar Discussion Topics
Leak over finished product Extended Producer Responsibility laws (EPR Laws) related to product packaging and, depending on the state, certain paper and food service ware product Box label and pack label Supplier Approval Program- Storage/Pick and Pack on behalf customers (suppliers) Honey in product does it require label warning for infants? Product testing during release as a CCP Releasing Product Prior to Positive Release Being Completed for Customer Use of Simple Green and Formula 409 in indirect product contact surfaces Developing HAACP plan for a hot fill product Any food product naming policy in EU?