What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cleaning and Sanitizing Tubing

Started by , Sep 22 2020 04:41 PM
5 Replies

Hi Everyone! My first post here so please forgive me if I leave something important out. I am also brand new to the food safety world and have only been in this position (PCQI) since April of this year. We are cGMP certified if its relevant. 

My small facility makes a tobacco and nicotine free dip and pouches. We currently use a drum that has a pump set up that takes the liquid flavoring from the drum, pumps it through tubing, and transports it to each machine that then puts it onto the pouches. 

I am struggling with how to clean the tubing that the liquid flavoring flows through. We can unhook the drum and flush it out with water but I am looking for a sanitizer/cleaner that could/would clean the line as well since it is a food contact item per say. 

Does anyone know of a cleaning solution and a sanitizing solution that would possibly work for this tubing?

Thanks for any input!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Master Cleaning Schedule and Wareshouse Cleaning air conditioning pipes that are high up Cleaning Process and Chemicals Cleaning and Sanitation in production area
[Ad]
Highly specialized situation. I would suggest contacting a sanitation chemical company and requesting they visit your facility to run a profile to dwtermine best course of action.

Different industry, we use Everclear Grain Alcohol for tubing, flushed with water after.  

Different industry, we use Everclear Grain Alcohol for tubing, flushed with water after.  

Hi Timwoodbag, and thank you for your reply. Any reason you do not just let it evaporate out?

Highly specialized situation. I would suggest contacting a sanitation chemical company and requesting they visit your facility to run a profile to dwtermine best course of action.

I was not even aware they would do that! Thanks. I'll reach out to a contact I have. 

How much does the hose cost and how frequently do you need to clean it? I would compare the cost of someone to unhook it, take it to a place to clean it, the time it takes to do so and the cost of the chemicals required to clean it to the cost of just replacing it. I'm also curious how the hose was treated before it was put into service? Assuming it's food grade tubing, did it come sterilized and hermetically sealed from the supplier? It also gets you a new hose instead of a used, worn one. Less chance of failure or other problems.

Similar Discussion Topics
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Master Cleaning Schedule and Wareshouse Cleaning air conditioning pipes that are high up Cleaning Process and Chemicals Cleaning and Sanitation in production area Need to implement a manual cleaning procedure while our rack washer is down Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals