What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Regulation requirements for Aflatoxin in tree nuts

Started by , Sep 14 2020 05:38 PM
5 Replies

Hi IFSQN team,

Can you please advise what the England Food Regulation Requirement for Aflatoxin in tree nuts is? ( Imported to England)

Are the Food Regulations requriements for European Union, England and Australia the same ?

I only know Australian Food Standard Code requirment which the Aflatoxin has to be less than 15 micro gram/kg.

I'm just not sure if England they have their own food regulation now due to Brexit.

If you guys can provide the refferences, I'd be greatly appreciated it.

Thank you in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there a specific FDA regulation that references using NIST Handbook 133 for determining food ingredient MAV? FDA regulation for food contact materials Food safety regulation for carton ink Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims
[Ad]

Please disregard it. I actaully have found the answers. Thank you for reviewing everyone!

That's what we like Gracezy, people who answer their own questions. :smile:

It would be nice if you could post a little summary of your findings.  It may help others in the future.

Thanks,

Simon

1 Like1 Thank

Just for the benefit of anyone else stumbling across this thread - aflatoxins limits in the EU are defined in Regulation (EC) 1881/2006, the latest version of which can be accessed from this page: https://eur-lex.euro...elex:32006R1881

For the time being the UK has transferred existing EU food regulation into UK law, although whether than continues to be the case is an interesting (disturbing? painful? dreary?) question...

Edit: Started typing this before Simon posted, then I got distracted...

2 Likes3 Thanks

That's what we like Gracezy, people who answer their own questions. :smile:

It would be nice if you could post a little summary of your findings.  It may help others in the future.

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Yes, of course! I'd love to share it. Here are what I found.

England Food Standard Agency for Import: Article 11 states that food which is imported into the EU for placing on the market shall comply with the requirements of food law recognised by the EU.

Therefore, I looked at maximum levels for certain contaminants in food stuffs which is in COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 1881/2006's Article 4 and Anex in this link below. Maximum level for tree nuts ready-to- eat and for further processing are different.

I also found supporting document from FAS USDA “Regulatory Levels for Aflatoxin in Tree Nuts and Peanuts. It confirms that EU and UK has the same requirement. Please find further information in the attachment.

However for Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – Schedule 19-5 – Maximum levels of Aflatoxin in tree nuts is a little higher which is 15 ppb. 

Hope this can be helpful  :smile:

Grace
1 Like2 Thanks

Just for the benefit of anyone else stumbling across this thread - aflatoxins limits in the EU are defined in Regulation (EC) 1881/2006, the latest version of which can be accessed from this page: https://eur-lex.euro...elex:32006R1881

For the time being the UK has transferred existing EU food regulation into UK law, although whether than continues to be the case is an interesting (disturbing? painful? dreary?) question...

Edit: Started typing this before Simon posted, then I got distracted...

Exactly! It's kind of challenging to keep up with their laws but I love learning about it. Thank you pHruit!  :smile:

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there a specific FDA regulation that references using NIST Handbook 133 for determining food ingredient MAV? FDA regulation for food contact materials Food safety regulation for carton ink Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims PFAS Regulation in US Maximum Residue Limits Regulation Plant-based Beverage Name Regulation Requesting help with CFIA SFCR regulation Is overweight allowed and underweight not allowed according to US regulation?