What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Difference between subcontracted process and traded goods

Started by , Sep 01 2020 09:29 AM
1 Reply

Good morning,

I'm hoping someone can help clarify the difference between a subcontracted process and traded goods.  When I had a phone conversation with the auditor who carried out our Covid assessment she explained it had changed in issue 6, unfortunately I can't find where I wrote down the information!

We manufacture solidboard and convert to boxes - this is our main process.  

We also buy and sell corrugated boxes - I used to class this as traded goods and we had the extra traded goods module.  

We also buy in solidboard die cuts and sheets which we convert to boxes - these are the same suppliers that supply our raw material.  I do not believe this counts as sub contracting?  

Any advice appreciated!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Difference between Food safety plan and HACCP Difference between incidence reporting and emergency preparedness SQF Level 2 and 3 difference
[Ad]

The definition you need is listed under "outsourced (subcontracted) processing" in the glossary. Based on your description, I agree that this is not subcontracted processing - the materials you buy/sell are traded products, and the materials that you buy to subsequently process/finish would simply be raw materials.

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Difference between Food safety plan and HACCP Difference between incidence reporting and emergency preparedness SQF Level 2 and 3 difference Difference between Extract VS Flavour? What difference between CP and OPRP in ISO 22000 What is the difference between Whitebait and Blanchbait? Difference between clauses 5.3.1 and 5.3.2 BRC Issue 8 Difference in microbiological count in same process (EMP)