What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Thermometer calibration

Started by , Aug 19 2020 08:42 PM
2 Replies

Good afternoon everyone,

I got a minor because we currently don't compare our cooler thermometer temp against a NIST thermometer. I currently have an SOP for employee thermometers using the ice test method with a range of +/- 2F. Should i just add the wall thermometers to my current SOP with the same range?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Metal detectable Infrared thermometer? Infrared Thermometer Calibration Area Thermometer Calibration Major Non Conformance for Missing 3rd Party Calibration for Thermometer
[Ad]

Can your wall thermometers be calibrated - if not then it is only a "function capability" not a calibration

I'm under a different audit scheme, but I've been successfully using wireless temperature loggers from Sensor Swarm (https://www.sensor-swarm.com/) for the last couple of years for my coolers.  They are NIST certified and do NOT need calibration (they are the manufacturer and they provide you with documentation about the no calibration if needed).  We've passed both our audit scheme and USDA audits with them.  They use a new type of technology that doesn't degrade over time.  Traditionalists will pitch a fit (and I understand why), but I love using them.  You can set temp ranges, get email/text alarms based upon time above/below those settings, etc.  Getting the data is easy.  They are a smaller company, but supposedly have contracts with some national chains, since it allows those company the ability to monitor their coolers remotely.  They are good about questions and helped us get them initially set up.  It's a subscription service so they'll swap out units if the battery is running low, etc. 

And the end of the day for me, I get quicker notice about temp changes then I would with someone checking the coolers manually. 

Anyway, one possible option to an ice bath and wall thermometers that cannot be calibrated.

Good luck.  As you can see, I've clearly....

LostMyMind

PS: No, I'm not affiliated with them in any manner.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Metal detectable Infrared thermometer? Infrared Thermometer Calibration Area Thermometer Calibration Major Non Conformance for Missing 3rd Party Calibration for Thermometer Cooler thermometer calibration Freezer Thermometer Calibration Thermometer calibration at hot and cold temps Infrared lazer Thermometer Reference thermometer calibration frequency