What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What happens if we are still unable to do the BRC audit after the extended certificates expire?

Started by , Aug 15 2020 06:49 AM
3 Replies

I'm looking for a guideline as to what happens if we are still unable to do physical audits after the extended certificates expire due to travel ban?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Pre-Assessment vs Initial Audit BRC Audit plan before the scheduled audit How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Witness Audit on an unannounced audit?! BRCGS 3.4.1 - Internal Audit frequency - To Dispute or Not to Dispute Nonconformance?
[Ad]

I don't recall seeing an official protocol for this, but my understanding is that you can't further extend beyond the six months.

In normal circumstances (anyone remember those?), failing to meet your recertification window would land you with an automatic major NC against clause 1.1.10, but I would not expect this to be enforced, based on the extenuating circumstances allowance in the standard - see 2.8.2 in Annex on page 73 in part III of the standard.

Depending on your specific circumstances you may want to look into the new "blended" audits (see links below) as this would start the process moving but also buy you a bit more time to arrange the site-based component of the audit. I'm not sure how many certification bodies are actually offering these at present though, so you'll want to talk to yours if this is a potential consideration for you. In fact whatever route you are looking at, I'd get in touch with your certification body ASAP if you are at risk of missing the audit window - you should at least be able to start the process of getting agreement that you will effectively have a "justifiable" expiry of the certificate.

https://www.ifsqn.co...s-and-brcgs080/

https://www.brcgs.co...ting-using-ict/

GFSI just approved virtual audits - you would have to check with your CB to see how they are handling this

Hello francois12,

BRCGS in particular has guidelines on this covid-19 pandemic in auditing. We have just been given a 6-mos certification extension.

We conducted a virtual meeting. It is like an actual audit minus the physical auditor.

Contact you auditing body they can help you.

regards,

redfox

Similar Discussion Topics
Pre-Assessment vs Initial Audit BRC Audit plan before the scheduled audit How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Witness Audit on an unannounced audit?! BRCGS 3.4.1 - Internal Audit frequency - To Dispute or Not to Dispute Nonconformance? Extended Producer Responsibility laws (EPR Laws) related to product packaging and, depending on the state, certain paper and food service ware product Costco Unannounced audit - 2023 FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist GMP Audit Supplier Audit for Gummy Manufacturer