What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What kind of location claims are allowed on labels?

Started by , Aug 03 2020 05:18 PM
2 Replies

I am working on a label, the name brand is Sonoma Farms, bottled in Illinois, can i still call it Sonoma Farms even though it is not produced in California?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can Inhalers and Emergency Prescribed Medications be Allowed in Food Production Areas under SQF and FDA Requirements? Labels and Labelling Procedure Site Location and Premises Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? Does anyone have experience in transitioning from export stamps to self-adhesive labels?
[Ad]

yes.

Agree with Glen.

I will share an anecdote from my past history in the 80's.  Working for a food company in the South who manufactured many dinner items and had one called Southern Fried Chicken.  The local USDA inspector went ballistic because the chicken was actually fried and frozen in Ohio, then shipped south.  The company ended up scrapping thousands of $ of packaging and had to relabel the dinner as Southern STYLE Fried Chicken.

Similar Discussion Topics
Can Inhalers and Emergency Prescribed Medications be Allowed in Food Production Areas under SQF and FDA Requirements? Labels and Labelling Procedure Site Location and Premises Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? Does anyone have experience in transitioning from export stamps to self-adhesive labels? Distance allowed to place containers in the wall As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? Help with incorrect labels Is touching boxes and par cooked bacon allowed while scaling and packaging? SQF - I'm finally done, well kind of!