What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone have any UK experience of achieving vegetarian society accredited status?

Started by , Jul 17 2020 11:48 AM

Hello Everyone

We make bread products and all of the ingredients as per the product specs are suitable for vegetarians. Does anyone have any UK experience of achieving vegetarian society accredited status? How do you go about achieving the status?

Assuming you want to go with the Vegetarian Society one, just get in touch with them to start the process - IIRC they'll review your recipes etc and potentially process controls in some cases (less likely to be an issue for a bakery) and once completed and paid up you can start using the logo.

If you've done any of the vegan or vegetarian things for the UK retailers then it's like that, but with more common sense and pragmatism (and I say that as a vegetarian).

Have a look at this and give them a call: https://vegsoc.org/v...gan-trademarks/

6 Replies

Hello Everyone

We make bread products and all of the ingredients as per the product specs are suitable for vegetarians. Does anyone have any UK experience of achieving vegetarian society accredited status? How do you go about achieving the status?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does anyone have experience with Corbion Glaze? Alpha- Lipoic Acid Status EU Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Regulatory information on Ready-to-Eat status of dehydrated fruits and vegetables? Does anyone have experience in transitioning from export stamps to self-adhesive labels?
[Ad]

I could help you if you were located in Canada, we're Vegan certified, I'm pretty knowledgeable about it - but here...

I am aware of Vegan certifications but not vegetarian.

There is a difference, please refer to this for more info if you're curious: https://vegecert.com/

Yes, I know. I am a vegetarian.

Hello Everyone

Assuming you want to go with the Vegetarian Society one, just get in touch with them to start the process - IIRC they'll review your recipes etc and potentially process controls in some cases (less likely to be an issue for a bakery) and once completed and paid up you can start using the logo.

If you've done any of the vegan or vegetarian things for the UK retailers then it's like that, but with more common sense and pragmatism (and I say that as a vegetarian).

Have a look at this and give them a call: https://vegsoc.org/v...gan-trademarks/

2 Thanks

KLBD, Kosher certificate body which is located in London.

Similar Discussion Topics
Does anyone have experience with Corbion Glaze? Alpha- Lipoic Acid Status EU Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Regulatory information on Ready-to-Eat status of dehydrated fruits and vegetables? Does anyone have experience in transitioning from export stamps to self-adhesive labels? Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Does anyone have experience with 3M Scrub Stick? Does anyone have any experience in the new Anderson PPR System (paperless) in CA?