What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

pH & Water Activity Concern Arepas (Corn sandwich) with Mozzarella cheese

Started by , Jul 08 2020 01:36 PM
4 Replies

Hi Everyone,

So I am stuck and need some support.

I produce Arepa's (Corn sandwich) with Mozzarella cheese.

When being cooked there passed through an oven cooking at over 250F and then a cooling tunnel and then received and placed on trays until they are cooled down to move into the cooler..

Our PH and water activity is: (this is the results with mozzarella cheese, which is not applied to the arepa until it has cooled down to about 41-47F)

ph 5.72

wA 0.92

So, the million dollar question is, would this be considered a heat treated food since it is baked??? Does it fal under the NTCS?

Please any help or suggestion will be appreciated! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples Can high water salinity cause spoilage of coconut milk? Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Water as an ingredient? High APC reading on Handsink Water
[Ad]

sorry, I can help on this one, but wanted to say that I love Arepa's!

Miss them, had lots of them in Panama and Costa Rica - homesick now!

NTCS? what does that acronym mean.

Are there heating instructions and if so what are they?

NTCS? what does that acronym mean.

Are there heating instructions and if so what are they?

Means that time and temperature control is not required.

It is a ready to eat product but it is packaged frozen or refrigerated when vacuum packed.

Heating instructions are to heat on a griddle for 3 min or until cheese begins to melt.

sorry, I can help on this one, but wanted to say that I love Arepa's!

Miss them, had lots of them in Panama and Costa Rica - homesick now!

Thanks Glenn!

If you visit your local Publix we are in the frozen section... :)

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples Can high water salinity cause spoilage of coconut milk? Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Water as an ingredient? High APC reading on Handsink Water CIRKUL water bottles on a production floor? Aqualab 4te Water activity meter Bloat in Converted Cheese Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water