What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Codex Alimentarius latest official released document on HACCP

Started by , May 19 2020 04:56 PM
13 Replies

Can anyone please link me to the latest official document of Codex? It's not a matter of a simple google search since there's so many documents out there on Codex by FAO by CAC... that I just can't tell which one is the official release.

thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States Free download: Understanding the “General Principles of Food Hygiene” (including GHP and HACCP) published in 2020 by Codex Alimentarius, and its Comparison of HACCP 12 steps from Codex, USDA, USFDA, ISO 22000, and HACCP regulations-guidance of Taiwan (bilingual edition) Gap analysis checklist between 2003 and 2020 version of Codex General Prinicples of Food Hygiene
[Ad]

I was always under the impression you had to pay for Codex Alimentarius. That would be great if I could just download a PDF. I'll be watching this thread.

1 Thank

I have an excerpt from Codex regarding Validation of Food Safety Measures - that's all I have:) Please, see attached.

Attached Files

2 Thanks

go to codex and look at the publications - usually a large list in downloadable pdf...if you are looking for a specific standard such as food hygiene guidelines - search for the title to see if it exists.

Most standards are for processed products - i.e. grading of canned peaches; cleanliness of spices etc

Hope this helps

1 Thank

Also look up codes of practice - another large list of guidelines in pdf - they will indicate what year the publication has been updated

1 Thank

Can anyone please link me to the latest official document of Codex? It's not a matter of a simple google search since there's so many documents out there on Codex by FAO by CAC... that I just can't tell which one is the official release.

thank you.

afaik Codex's Primary, general, (traditional) haccp document is the one included as a section in their Hygiene publication (now published through various revisions) although many other side-related documents, eg on seafood, Validation (eg Post 3) have also been issued.

For above Haccp Presentation, afaik, latest edition is  -

Codex food hygiene 2009 4th ed.pdf   632.64KB   209 downloads

(feel free to correct me if you can find a later edition since I haven't done a search)

2 Thanks

Charles is correct that the 4th Edition (2009) is the current version of the classic Basic Texts. Available for free from the FAO's own website here: http://www.fao.org/p...5-349f7499bb0f/

The attached is the latest version of the CAC/RCP 1-1969 "General Principles of Food Hygiene" document.

In general the various Codex standards, guidelines, and codes of practice are all available at no cost direct from the FAO/Codex website - they want people to use them!

http://www.fao.org/f...t-standards/en/

http://www.fao.org/f.../guidelines/tr/

http://www.fao.org/f...of-practice/en/

Attached Files

2 Thanks

Thank you everyone for your help!

Hello,

there was also a review of the basic HACCP in 2015:

http://www.fao.org/t...47/fh47_09e.pdf

best regards,

Leila

Just for clarity, the HACCP Annex within the attachment in Post 7 is virtually identical to the HACCP Annex in the attachment in Post 6.

(theoretically they should be 100% identical [see the annotation in 2009 publication] but a few editorial format changes appear to have slipped into the later presentation)

@Leila-  Thks for interesting link. The most significant part of document appeared to me to be the closing paragraph -

9. The proposed time-line for completion of the new work, including the start date, the proposed date for adoption at Step 5, and the proposed date for adoption by the Commission.

Proposed time line: The work conducted by the eWG since the 46th  session of CCFH allowed to identify the main items that need improvement and to provide alternative ways forward. A five-year timeline is proposed for  the  completion  of  the  revision  of  the  General  Principles  of  Food  Hygiene  (CAC/RCP  1-1969)  and  its HACCP Annex. A proposed revised document would be ready for discussion at Step 3 by the CCFH in 2016, with a proposed date for adoption at Step 5 in 2018 and adoption at Step 8 in 2019.

So, seemingly, there should be some more ?

PS - Various aspects of Codex HACCP have been critically discussed elsewhere on this Forum. The transition from Application of Principle 6 to 7 (ie hazard analysis > CCPs) is patently (probably deliberately) "blurred" over. The consequence has been to generate Procedural differences  for establishing CCPs. Might also note that the Codex  terminology "identified hazard"  is nowadays probably more familiar as "significant hazard".

IMO the (originally) parallel  NACMCF version of HACCP is equally useful for the understanding of various fundamental HACCP concepts, especially Prerequisite programs and the "transition"  noted above.

1 Thank

Boom Boom.

Already linked on this forum. Thks anyway.

I am not sure if you already have the recent release of CODEX on HACCP.  I am attaching the document here. I hope you will find this helpful.

Attached Files

1 Like1 Thank

I am not sure if you already have the recent release of CODEX on HACCP.  I am attaching the document here. I hope you will find this helpful.

Yes, already available here but thanks anyway.

Similar Discussion Topics
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States Free download: Understanding the “General Principles of Food Hygiene” (including GHP and HACCP) published in 2020 by Codex Alimentarius, and its Comparison of HACCP 12 steps from Codex, USDA, USFDA, ISO 22000, and HACCP regulations-guidance of Taiwan (bilingual edition) Gap analysis checklist between 2003 and 2020 version of Codex General Prinicples of Food Hygiene Does anyone have the new Codex Alimentarius HACCP standard? HACCP Codex - evaluating Critical Control Points Need help interpreting CODEX standard microbial limits for modified starch Microbial Standard Limit - CODEX and EU Codex standard for Food Grade Hydrochloric Acid