• Quick Navigation
Photo

Notification to certification body of any infringement, penalties, withdrawals or recalls now 24 hours?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

kurmy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 07 May 2020 - 09:27 AM

We have been told by a certification body that we need to notify them within 24 hours of any infringement, penalties, withdrawals or recalls that may affect our certification or have negative impact on the certification body or the standard.

Is this correct??
Can we receive a non conformance against this if we have not changed it in our quality system?

kurmy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 07 May 2020 - 09:30 AM

Sorry, I am talking about BRC V8.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,773 posts
  • 1157 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:46 PM

Yes, this is correct for BRC as it is for SQF.

There is also a requirement for BRC contact as well.

I do not know what the CB/BRC does in the event of non-contact, but for SQF the action can include suspension or cancelation of certification and I have seen several suspensions over the years, not a pretty thing when the only thing the companies involved had to do was make 2 contacts and keep the two informed during the process of the event.

Edited by SQFconsultant, 07 May 2020 - 12:51 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

CONSULTANT

https://t.me/MVIDigitalWarrior

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,076 posts
  • 851 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:05 PM

Just to clarify, BRC requires that recalls or regulatory food safety non-conformities (e.g. enforcement notice) are notified to the certification body within three days, but as per the interpretation guide there is no requirement to notify the CB of a product withdrawal.

The relevant clause (3.11.4 for the Food standard) isn't marked as "fundamental", so theoretically it is not an instant certification withdrawal at audit. I'd expect it to be a major, although I don't know anyone who has been caught out on this!

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users