What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does the food defence plan need to include a TACCP and VACCP in order to be complete?

Started by , May 06 2020 07:13 AM
8 Replies

Hello,

New to BRC and just wondering if someone could shed some light on what exactly needs to go into the Food Defence plan.

Does it need to to include a TACCP and VACCP in order to be complete?

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety Meetings Favourite Food Slogans Hazards in Food Contact Packaging Retail Food Employee Illness Reporting Guidance? Migration test food Packaging
[Ad]

Hello,

New to BRC and just wondering if someone could shed some light on what exactly needs to go into the Food Defence plan.

Does it need to to include a TACCP and VACCP in order to be complete?

Thanks

VA(CCP) is requested elsewhere in the Standard

If you're referring to section 4.2, you "only" need the TACCP element - the VACCP component is required under section 5.4.

Ok so I would imagine you would complete taccp first then build plan around that.would plan then include details on how to prevent said threats.if anybody has a clear structure on a food defense plan that would be great. Thanks so much

Yes, once you've identified potential threats you definitely then need to do something about them - this follows through the clauses from 4.2.1 to 4.2.3.

If you haven't yet got a copy of the BRC Interpretation Guide then I would strongly recommend doing so, particularly as you're setting up a new system and are new to BRC. It gives more explanatory detail on the expectations around each clause and is extremely useful. If you're already registered for BRC with a certification body then you may have access to BRC Participate, in which case you can access all of the BRC standards and guides for free.

There are a number of viable approaches. Have a search of the forum as it is a popular topic and there are quite a few threads on it. I'd also suggest reading PAS96:2017 (attached) as one of the potential approaches, although there are others such as the FDA's Food Defense Plan Builder (https://www.fda.gov/...se-plan-builder)

Attached Files

TACCP and VACCP are now needed in most Food Safety Management Systems hence I think definitely is required in BRC as well

TACCP and VACCP are now needed in most Food Safety Management Systems hence I think definitely is required in BRC as well

Actually the BRC Food Standard contains no mention of VACCP or TACCP.

Hey everybody;

Interesting info here: https://globalfoodsa...the-difference/

Hey everybody;

Interesting info here: https://globalfoodsa...the-difference/

Thks for the link.

Unfortunately in the context of food fraud, it's interpretation of VA  does not align to BRC..

This topic/associated acronyms is a classic example of interpretations from various sources being mixed up and regurgitated anew.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety Meetings Favourite Food Slogans Hazards in Food Contact Packaging Retail Food Employee Illness Reporting Guidance? Migration test food Packaging Food Defence Plan Food Contact Equipment Have you met your food safety & quality objectives in 2018? Food vs Pharma Galvanized Ducting to food contact