What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Pineapple NFC liquid is golden brown on top and golden yellow on bottom, is this normal?

Started by , Apr 30 2020 12:52 PM
3 Replies
The Pineapple NFC we bought from other company when we open it the color is like golden brown on top the liquid
the bottom settled NFC is Golden yellow . Is that Normal in pineapple NFC what action should i take
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to Preserve pineapple and papaya natural Juice for 6 months Recipe for making mixed fruit juice with pineapple and mango juice PET bottle pineapple juice 10% Contamination Root cause of pineapple NFC having a strong deep aroma like strong wine? Considerations when changing product from mango juice to pineapple juice with the same line?
[Ad]

Last time I saw that was in Costa Rica with GMO'd pink pineapples that had tropic heat exposure after being procesed to juice and mixed with regular pineapple juice. The culprit was the pink pineapple juice.

Is it not just normal settling and requires mixing?

By the way Rol, if you are in the industry should you know about you raw materials? And how about asking your supplier?

Regards,

Simon

We've handled many millions of kg of NFC pineapple over the years and can honestly say I've never seen this, at least within the shelf life of the product - it's normally quite resilient stuff and in an aseptic pack will often cope with 12 months or so of very warm ambient storage in central America.

It could be that the bags aren't being filled quite correctly and a layer of excess air / headspace is being created, which would probably promote more rapid oxidation of the upper layers of liquid, but I agree with Simon's suggestion - this is something you will need to discuss with your raw material supplier.

Similar Discussion Topics
How to Preserve pineapple and papaya natural Juice for 6 months Recipe for making mixed fruit juice with pineapple and mango juice PET bottle pineapple juice 10% Contamination Root cause of pineapple NFC having a strong deep aroma like strong wine? Considerations when changing product from mango juice to pineapple juice with the same line? Pineapple juice NFC Price 'No sugar' mango and pineapple juice stabiliser? Questionnaire for supplier of drums for pineapple juice concentrate