What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What problem solving techniques do you use for environmental test failure?

Started by , Apr 24 2020 04:32 PM
6 Replies

I have been asked to  use a practical Problem solving technique with root cause analysis to address a NFC Environmental test failure. What do you use and Why? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
CCP failure BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging cooler storage temperature failure SPC swabbing for Environmental Monitoring of non-food contact surface
[Ad]

I have been asked to  use a practical Problem solving technique with root cause analysis to address a NFC Environmental test failure. What do you use and Why? 

Hi MaAra,

Could you clarify regarding the specific context of  yr OP ?

I don't know why the title changed to that  the only thing I wrote was NFC.

One of my routine Environmental samples came back positive for a pathogen and I have been asked to use a practical Problem solving technique with root cause analysis to address failure.

I have used the 5 Why's in the past but I was curious to see what others have use to address an environmental positive and Why

I don't know why the title changed to that  the only thing I wrote was NFC.

One of my routine Environmental samples came back positive for a pathogen and I have been asked to use a practical Problem solving technique with root cause analysis to address failure.

I have used the 5 Why's in the past but I was curious to see what others have use to address an environmental positive and Why

Hi MaAra,

I added the literal meaning of the acronym "NFC" since I anticipated it was unfamiliar to many people here (like myself).

As I now understand, the "NFC" was actually unrelated to yr query ?.

Or perhaps i guessed the wrong meaning of NFC ?? (If so, please enlighten and i will modify the title).

You omitted the specific pathogen but in some Regulatory cases, eg L.mono, the follow ups are prescribed in detail.

Generally It likely depends on the Location/Regulations/Product/Process.

Sorry for the confusion Charles. It means Non-Food Contact (NFC)

I like to use fishbone diagrams for root cause analysis, or use a 5 why's structure in tandem.

https://en.wikipedia...shikawa_diagram

I second the 5 whys and fishboning it, then at that point often you can follow up with vector swabbing for confirmation if you've got a firm idea of root cause.

Similar Discussion Topics
CCP failure BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging cooler storage temperature failure SPC swabbing for Environmental Monitoring of non-food contact surface environmental monitoring Environmental monitoring - zoning in raw material area Validation of Metal Detector Test Piece Sizes Ice cream mix pasteurization failure corrective action Environmental risk assessment and sample quantity