What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Consequences signing up for SFCR (Safe Foods for Canadians Regulations) license late

Started by , Mar 18 2020 05:00 PM
4 Replies

Hello,

I recently started working for a potato processor which needs to apply for a license under the SFCR for inter-provincial shipping. 

Our costumer which ships our product gave us two years (end of 2020) to get the SFCR lisence but according to the timeline we were supposed to have it already by beginning of 2019.

My boss is now wondering what CFIA says when they see that we are applying too late. Anybody have any experience with that?

Also, do I understand it correctly that we can get the license for just the one product which gets shipped inter-provincial but all the other products would still be inspected by our regular inspector?

Thanks for any help

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Consequences of a late GMP audit while preparing a BRC audit Where should I document the consequences of a non-conformity? Consequences of Additives in Food - What's Your Take? Consequences of BRC Audit Failure? Shelf Life, Consequences of Labeling
[Ad]

They will in effect "scold" you -- and then the may fine you for being late.

This happened to a supplier of one of our clients.

They will in effect "scold" you -- and then the may fine you for being late.

This happened to a supplier of one of our clients.

Thank you Glenn for your input. I figured they won't be happy....

As cliche goes, 'better late than never'

Licensing for your product group was since last year Jan 2019 including traceability, while PCP, and preventive controls is this Jan 2020.

I'd say don't look into repercussion of being late now, what is done is done, but focus on getting the license ASAP. I'm sure they won't ask you to recall your product that was shipped without license from last year.

As for the only 1 product being shipped inter provincially, you will be able to select that when you apply for the license. However, since CFIA covers all food category now, they will not discriminate between products made for local or inter provincial when they carry out audits, it is your responsibility that the products you manufacture is safe and compliant.

As cliche goes, 'better late than never'

Licensing for your product group was since last year Jan 2019 including traceability, while PCP, and preventive controls is this Jan 2020.

I'd say don't look into repercussion of being late now, what is done is done, but focus on getting the license ASAP. I'm sure they won't ask you to recall your product that was shipped without license from last year.

As for the only 1 product being shipped inter provincially, you will be able to select that when you apply for the license. However, since CFIA covers all food category now, they will not discriminate between products made for local or inter provincial when they carry out audits, it is your responsibility that the products you manufacture is safe and compliant.

Good point, thank you!

Similar Discussion Topics
Consequences of a late GMP audit while preparing a BRC audit Where should I document the consequences of a non-conformity? Consequences of Additives in Food - What's Your Take? Consequences of BRC Audit Failure? Shelf Life, Consequences of Labeling Linoleum flooring, consequences for BRC version 7 Consequences for failing the 1st FSSC 22000 audit