What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to control stone contamination in frozen steamed sweet potato?

Started by , Feb 12 2020 11:08 AM
5 Replies
My factory produced frozen steam sweet potato. We had problem with stone, there are many stone contamitainted on finish product. Sweet potato grow under sand, so have some stone dip into them. We can not remove all of them by washing. Although we have XRay inspection, but if the stone too small we can not detect it to reject.
So does anyone have experience about this problem? Please help me.

Gửi từ CPH1825 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Analytical Testing - Frozen Snack Items (Samosas, Rolls) Chilling & Freezing Time and Temperature Control... Legislation? Internal temperature of Steamed Dumpling Can chilled foods be frozen? Pest control in pharmaceutical warehouse
[Ad]

Probably washing the Sweet potato with high pressure may help, alternatively you may use the vibrating machine having pores so that small stones if attached to the sweet potatoes can be removed along with the water. *Cheers*

I'd like to know the whole process in order to understand the chain and implementation of new step to reduce your problem.

1 Like1 Thank

Since potatoes can grow around stones, you won't be able to shake all stone contaminants off. It would help to get more details about your line, but for now, I suggest looking into dual energy x-ray inspection, which is optimized to find low density contaminants like stones.

Probably washing the Sweet potato with high pressure may help, alternatively you may use the vibrating machine having pores so that small stones if attached to the sweet potatoes can be removed along with the water. *Cheers*

I'd like to know the whole process in order to understand the chain and implementation of new step to reduce your problem.

Actually we are washing by machine under high pressure, but can not remove all. Can not apply vibrating machine because it will be damage skin of sweet potato.
Our process: washing>> cutting into pieces>> steaming>>> freezing by iqf>>> packing>>> xray inspection.
Please give me your idea

Since potatoes can grow around stones, you won't be able to shake all stone contaminants off. It would help to get more details about your line, but for now, I suggest looking into dual energy x-ray inspection, which is optimized to find low density contaminants like stones.

Our process: washing>> cutting into pieces>> steaming>>> freezing by iqf>>> packing>>> xray inspection.
How can xray remove all by xray inspection?

x-ray system can detect stones and reject product if it has stones.  dual energy x-ray will perform better for stone detection.  with bulk inspection system, you may inspect product prior to packing. 

https://www.eaglepi....technology-mdx/

Similar Discussion Topics
Analytical Testing - Frozen Snack Items (Samosas, Rolls) Chilling & Freezing Time and Temperature Control... Legislation? Internal temperature of Steamed Dumpling Can chilled foods be frozen? Pest control in pharmaceutical warehouse Cross contamination of Raw RTE peanut roasting facility Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Average Shelf Life of Beef Primals Frozen Vacuum Packed