What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the factor that can cause ATP result to fail?

Started by , Dec 18 2019 05:39 AM
7 Replies

Hi all, 

Recently i came across a few different food manufacture which had a similar problem that  the cleaning and sanitizing proceed is done appropriately but the ATP result showing fail. 

Any idea or comment ??

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Could a PRP fail? total phthalates analysis result Positive Allergen Test Result Procedure Mould Identification following out of spec test result Typical micro result values
[Ad]

First what is the critical limit they are following? Is it recommended by the ATP company? were the limits determined applicable to their processing?

This is an important step because a generic recommendation from the ATP company might not be applicable, you can use this as baseline but if results are always failing, then the limit might need to be adjusted.

1 Like

Hi Jayce

We had the same problem when we introduced ATP testing, it came down to the cleaning cloths not being laundered properly. Once we resolved that issue we had no problems with consistent good results, hope this helps.

Sanitiser can affect ATP reading. Some manufacturers specify swabbing before sanitising equipment, best check your specifics

Even the cleaning and sanitizing proceed is done appropriately the result showing fail. 

How are you determining it is 'appropriate' - is this by visual inspection or surfaces and/or matching cleaning procedure? If you do pathogen swabbing how does that compare? I'd first want ot eliminate possibilities of 1- actual inadequate cleaning (hence micro) and 2- improper sampling/swabbing.

I had this problem at a facility. I later learned with the particular sanitizer we used, swabbing had to be down before its application. I would recommend talking to your ATP device company. Ours suggested we conduct our own study to set our limits. If you need a document to do this let me know so I can send you one. 

2 Likes

Hi all, 

Recently i came across a few different food manufacture which had a similar problem that  the cleaning and sanitizing proceed is done appropriately but the ATP result showing fail. 

Any idea or comment ??

Hi Jayce,

As previously noted, some specific example(s) / data might increase relevance of replies.

First what is the critical limit they are following? Is it recommended by the ATP company? were the limits determined applicable to their processing?

This is an important step because a generic recommendation from the ATP company might not be applicable, you can use this as baseline but if results are always failing, then the limit might need to be adjusted.

Thank Majoy, 

Yes the critical limit are recommend by the ATP company from the pass after doing testing on the surface and set the limit range .

Thank you for you recommendation 

Hi Jayce

We had the same problem when we introduced ATP testing, it came down to the cleaning cloths not being laundered properly. Once we resolved that issue we had no problems with consistent good results, hope this helps.

currently we are using Microfiber cloth, after cleaning one line of conveyor will be dispose. Does this issue also apply to microfiber cloth ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Could a PRP fail? total phthalates analysis result Positive Allergen Test Result Procedure Mould Identification following out of spec test result Typical micro result values ATP Swabbing Advice On Setting Pass Fail Criteria Good result on our SQF Audit 2020 How to predict the BOD result from COD result? ACP & APB - Please help intepret this micro result E.coli - Result Interpretation